Robin of Sherwood

  • ro_laren@gmx.de
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 22, 2002
      I watched this series with a friend, who doesn't known it before. And she
      cried a lot of times (especially during the 'dungeon escape scene') "Oh my
      good, he really looks like Seregil" followed by "And where is Alec?"

      I really love that series...

      Laren off to amazon to order the second season *sigh*

      --
      Werden Sie mit uns zum "OnlineStar 2002"! Jetzt GMX wählen -
      und tolle Preise absahnen! http://www.onlinestar.de
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 24, 2002
        That was one of my absolute favourites in the 80ies. I watched the first
        episodes on video this weekend and they are still great. Absolutely the
        best Robin Hood TV series ever. I so hate those newer ones, they are
        insulting. Robin of Sherwood has this great mixture of mystic
        athmosphere and real grittiness. And all the characters LOOK british and
        SPEAK british, and it is filmed in Britain. Plus, the sets are maybe
        simple but never trashy. The woods are woods, without cosy roads. I also
        like the feeling that Robin isn't head of an almighty gang of
        superheroes, and seems very young and innocent despite his undoubtable
        special abilities. And his verbal sparrings with Marian are really
        funny. And of course, Michael Praed is immensely cute *g*.

        Fire

        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 24, 2002
          I know it's horrible out of topic...but i just have
          to share *G*....First snow has fallen. Which means
          Winter is comming...and once again makes me kind of
          hate this place here. We never have an autumn *sniff*
          The leaves just started to turn yellow, red and brown,
          but for the most part they'd been green...and now we
          stand here with snow *sigh*...Well actually I luv winter,
          and snow ;-) when everything's white and glittering...
          but hm...it might be a bit early...even for here?
          Well whatever...i'm gonna go out and built me
          a snowman later :-P

          noerml sidewards glancing out of his window onto the
          'winterwonderland'
        • whetner
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 25, 2002
            --- In Flewelling@y..., "noerml" <noerml@a...> wrote:
            > I know it's horrible out of topic...

            Are we ever *on* topic anymore? ;)

            -Sherene, who's hoping that it gets warmer again because it's
            bleeping freezing in the morning
          • Andrea Chavez
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 25, 2002
              Holy Merde!

              Where in Germany are you again Noerml? If it is
              fricking snowing I need to tell my folks who are off
              on a cruise up the Danube, on the Main and down the
              Rhine in two weeks.

              I'm sorry about no autumn -- That happens here
              sometimes too, but I think this year we are going to
              get a nice one (crosses fingers) Today's high - 72!!

              Andrea

              --- noerml <noerml@...> wrote:
              > I know it's horrible out of topic...but i just have
              > to share *G*....First snow has fallen. Which means
              > Winter is comming...and once again makes me kind of
              > hate this place here. We never have an autumn
              > *sniff*
              > The leaves just started to turn yellow, red and
              > brown,
              > but for the most part they'd been green...and now we
              > stand here with snow *sigh*...Well actually I luv
              > winter,
              > and snow ;-) when everything's white and
              > glittering...
              > but hm...it might be a bit early...even for here?
              > Well whatever...i'm gonna go out and built me
              > a snowman later :-P
              >
              > noerml sidewards glancing out of his window onto the
              > 'winterwonderland'

              =====
              Andrea C

              "I always pass on good advice,
              It's the only thing to do with it" --Oscar Wilde

              http://sbc.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 25, 2002
                >Where in Germany are you again Noerml? If it is
                >fricking snowing I need to tell my folks who are off
                >on a cruise up the Danube, on the Main and down the
                >Rhine in two weeks.

                I live in the Allgäu which is the most southern part
                of Germany, and also the one which's mostly in the alps.
                It's always worth a visit, not only cuz the landscape is
                wonderful but also because there is the worldfamous
                castle "Neuschwanstein" just a bunch of miles away.
                But dunno...in the lower regions the snow already melted
                away again....tho it is just a bit above the freezing point.
                The foothills and peeks are still white tho. But dunno how
                long that's gonna stay that way...*shrug*

                noerml - digging out his winter cloths ;-)
                Message 7 of 14 , Sep 25, 2002
                  In a message dated 9/25/02 8:49:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
                  achavez47@... writes:

                  > Where in Germany are you again Noerml? If it is
                  > fricking snowing I need to tell my folks who are off
                  > on a cruise up the Danube, on the Main and down the
                  > Rhine in two weeks.

                  Ooh nice.... but be warned it was doing one of those cruises and letting my
                  mother go on one rather than ended up with her bringing back marzipan... and
                  ausbach truffles... and me putting on a couple of stone due to the resulting
                  addiction... Tell them not to forget the marzipan... <g>.

                  > I'm sorry about no autumn -- That happens here
                  > sometimes too, but I think this year we are going to
                  > get a nice one (crosses fingers) Today's high - 72!!
                  >
                  > Andrea

                  Sob... Noerml has snow... the like of which is but a distant memory to me <g>
                  ... and Andrea has nice balmy weather.. while we have, it's really weird, but
                  the moment the BBC starts it's Autumn tv season the weather and light
                  immediately changes... it starts getting darker every night so much quicker,
                  it's clear blue skies, but cold, while the week before was warm and nice..
                  and it'll be mild and damp all Winter with not a hint of snow.. oh, we'll
                  have snow for one day, a pathetic couple of inches if we're lucky.

                  Now what can I say that's on topic.. oh yeah... managed to get someone else
                  to go buy Lynn's books yesterday evening... in a chat room for The Sims of
                  all places...

                  Back to work...

                • Jessica Fisher
                  Message 8 of 14 , Sep 25, 2002
                    That's funny, because here it's at least 80-85 degrees out and there's a huge fire burning in the mountains a few miles away. It's hot and smoky and really really dry. My contact lenses can't handle the smoke!

                    As an on-topic side note . . . I was thinking about doing some anime-style fanart (because I can only draw anime style). Do you guys think that anime-style art is strange when applied to something obviously not anime?

                    ~Jess (in Los Angeles)

                    On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:37:45 -0000
                    "whetner" <whetner@...> wrote:

                    > --- In Flewelling@y..., "noerml" <noerml@a...> wrote:
                    > > I know it's horrible out of topic...
                    >
                    > Are we ever *on* topic anymore? ;)
                    >
                    > -Sherene, who's hoping that it gets warmer again because it's
                    > bleeping freezing in the morning
                    >

                    > The Flewelling List Chat room can be accessed via the list webpage at Yahoo. Click on chat in the menu on the left.
                    > Regular chat times Saturday 8pm GMT. Friday 9pm EST.

                  • Andrea Chavez
                    Message 9 of 14 , Sep 25, 2002
                      my folks who are off on a cruise up the Danube, on
                      the Main and down the Rhine in two weeks.

                      > Ooh nice.... but be warned it was doing one of those
                      > cruises and letting my
                      > mother go on one rather than ended up with her
                      > bringing back marzipan... and
                      > ausbach truffles... and me putting on a couple of
                      > stone due to the resulting
                      > addiction... Tell them not to forget the marzipan...
                      > <g>.

                      HAHAHA -- I hear ya! I'm adding stones without
                      marzipan or truffles. Marzipan isn't my fave thing (I
                      like it, but don't love it) But Chocolate
                      Truffles...actually, GERMAN CHOCOLATE.... Oh baby.

                      > and it'll be mild and damp all Winter with not a
                      > hint of snow.. oh, we'll have snow for one day, a
                      pathetic couple of inches if we're lucky.

                      I remember British Snow -- I don't know why it came as
                      a surprise to me (remember, I was only nine) But I
                      didn't want it too badly because we were traveling on
                      the roads on the weekends and it was scary enough
                      seeing my folks drive on the left in a camper that had
                      a left-hand drive!! (shiver at the memory)

                      > Now what can I say that's on topic.. oh yeah...
                      > managed to get someone else
                      > to go buy Lynn's books yesterday evening... in a
                      > chat room for The Sims of all places...

                      Well done!!

                      =====
                      Andrea C

                      "I always pass on good advice,
                      It's the only thing to do with it" --Oscar Wilde

                      http://sbc.yahoo.com
                    • jjarbanas
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 25, 2002
                        Jess wrote:

                        > That's funny, because here it's at least 80-85 degrees out and
                        > there's a huge fire burning in the mountains a few miles away.
                        > It's hot and smoky and really really dry.

                        It's even hotter up here in the Bay Area -- high 90s to low 100s. No
                        fires nearby, thank goodness.

                        Not that I'm in any way missing snow, mind you. <cough>

                        Jill, considering a move to the desert
                      • leafmirror2
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 29, 2002
                          --- In Flewelling@y..., ro_laren@g... wrote:
                          > I watched this series with a friend, who doesn't known it before. And she
                          > cried a lot of times (especially during the 'dungeon escape scene') "Oh my
                          > good, he really looks like Seregil" followed by "And where is Alec?"
                          >
                          > I really love that series...
                          >
                          > Laren off to amazon to order the second season *sigh*
                          \

                          I've been away from the net for a few days, but this caught my eye. M. Praed
                          was one of my first "Hey, that looks like Seregil!" guys. Great series. :-) Found
                          a new "HTLLS!" watching the 2002 version of "The Count of Monte Cristo"
                          with Tim last night: Jim Caviezel, who played Edward. See: http://
                          www.caviezel.cjb.net/ He even looks the right age in this film, and has the
                          right long dark hair. Just needs a really close shave. ;-)

                          Lynn
                        • whetner
                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 30, 2002
                            --- In Flewelling@y..., "leafmirror2" <leafmirror2@a...> wrote:
                            > Found
                            > a new "HTLLS!" watching the 2002 version of "The Count of Monte
                            Cristo"
                            > with Tim last night: Jim Caviezel, who played Edward. See: http://
                            > www.caviezel.cjb.net/ He even looks the right age in this film,
                            and has the
                            > right long dark hair. Just needs a really close shave. ;-)
                            >

                            > Lynn

                            Love that movie... I couldn't resist making fun of it though.
                            Especially when the two main characters are both wearing poofy white
                            shirts and swordfighting.

                            -Sherene
                          • Andrea Chavez
                            Message 13 of 14 , Sep 30, 2002
                              -
                              > Love that movie... I couldn't resist making fun of
                              > it though.
                              > Especially when the two main characters are both
                              > wearing poofy white
                              > shirts and swordfighting.

                              Ooo, I LOVE it when guys where poofy white shirts and
                              go swordfighting!

                              Andrea - marking Count of MC down on list of things to
                              watch...oh, it was already there!

                              =====

                              Message 14 of 14 , Sep 30, 2002
                                Andrea:

                                > Ooo, I LOVE it when guys where poofy white shirts and
                                > go swordfighting!

                                Well, yeah! I never quite imagined Seregil in a "poofy" shirt (and
                                since the Seinfeld ep, "poofy" has decidedly negative connotations),
                                but, you know, close enough. Flowing is probably a better word. <g>

                                I liked the Caviezel/Pearce version of CoMC quite a lot, though I
                                never read the book, so I don't know what was changed. I never liked
                                Caviezel much before Frequency -- he seemed about as charismatic as a
                                wet dish rag in everything else I'd seen -- but he really was
                                terrific in CoMC. And Guy Pearce! We already knew he could play a bad
                                guy from L.A. Confidential, but wow, what a wonderfully smarmy, slimy
                                scumbag of a characterization.

                                So, Caviezel in CoMC = Seregil. Verrrrry interesting.

                                Jill, looking forward to Brotherhood of the Wolf tomorrow