check this site out!…

  • sjkafjrae478
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
    • calvin8@t-online.de
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
        Hi,
        without looking at it, don't do it. It won't be worth it.

        --
        Bye: Andi S. mailto:nullpointer@...
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2002
          In a message dated 02/08/02 01:19:18 GMT Daylight Time, calvin8@...
          writes:

          > Hi,
          > without looking at it, don't do it. It won't be worth it.
          >
          > --

          Andi... Do you think that was a spam link only there was nothing there to
          check when I tried and addresses that join just to send spam are unsubbed, I
          shall have to put the list back on approved subs I think if one has slipped
          through.

        • calvin8@t-online.de
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2002
            Hi,

            > Andi... Do you think that was a spam link only there was nothing there to
            > check when I tried and addresses that join just to send spam are unsubbed, I
            > shall have to put the list back on approved subs I think if one has slipped
            > through.

            Well, given I received another message just like that on another ML,
            and that the sender in both cases was just a bunch of letters and
            numbers, I think it's safe to say that this was either spam, or an
            attempt on virus infection, or to install a dialer.
            Luckily, the webpages seem to have been removed, so the only thing you
            see when you click on the link is a standard error page. This also
            makes it impossible to determine what the sender had wanted to
            achieve.

            I think the subscription system is quite all right like it is (i.e.
            you have the option to ban members who are not following the rules,
            there is no added complication in checking every subscriber address
            for validity and non-subscribers can't just send to the list). I would
            leave it like that, unless spam messages became really frequent.

            --
            Bye: Andi S. mailto:nullpointer@...
          • midnightmelodys
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 2, 2002
              --- In Flewelling@y..., calvin8@t... wrote:
              > Hi,
              > without looking at it, don't do it. It won't be worth it.

              Hello, Andi.

              *waves to the rest of the list*

              It doesn't work, anyway...*g*

              I tried it before seeing Andi's post...