Re: [Flewelling] Re: OT - Noerml in the ARMY???!!!!

  • ro_laren@gmx.de
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 1, 2002
      > Sergey... In Britain where we haven't had national service since the 50's
      > think. Periodically the question of bringing it back will arise...
      > Usually
      > when crime figures amongst young people increase... A lot of the older
      > generation see national service as a way of instillling discipline etc
      > into
      > young people, it's not really about whether the army or country needs them
      > or
      > not. I suspect the same is true in Germany except there they actually
      > implement it, while it's just talked about here.
      >
      > Helen

      OK, I tend to be a little sarcastic on this topic ;-)
      But I really beleave that they couldn't affort to close this army service,
      not because we need an army for protection, or for the discipline or
      whatsever. But every man that don't want to go to the army (and there are a lot of
      them) as to work in the social service for ~ a year. They are cheap and
      desperatley needed.
      Every time they shorten the time-duration for the army service, they must
      also shorten the other time and than all high ranking people in the social
      service get a nerveous breakdown because they prophesy to collapse.

      OK OK this was more than a little sarcastic..

      Laren

      http://www.gmx.net
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 1, 2002
        In a message dated 7/1/02 8:28:40 AM GMT Daylight Time, ro_laren@...
        writes:

        > OK, I tend to be a little sarcastic on this topic ;-)
        > But I really beleave that they couldn't affort to close this army service,
        > not because we need an army for protection, or for the discipline or
        > whatsever. But every man that don't want to go to the army (and there are a
        > lot of
        > them) as to work in the social service for ~ a year. They are cheap and
        > desperatley needed.
        > Every time they shorten the time-duration for the army service, they must
        > also shorten the other time and than all high ranking people in the social
        > service get a nerveous breakdown because they prophesy to collapse.
        >
        > OK OK this was more than a little sarcastic..
        >
        > Laren

        Ahh, that makes more sense... they don't actually want people in the army,
        they want free 'volunteers' for the social services <g>. Heck... don't anyone
        suggest this to Tony Blair ;-).

      • Rie Sheridan
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 2, 2002
          Yes you are. ;)

          Are you serious? They are giving you a TANK? Good thing
          there's no land bridge to the US any more...lol

          Rie

          --- noerml <noerml@...> wrote:
          > >And they thought that Euro would save them... :-)
          > >Ironically, it would take one little brat (err, boy) to
          > distroy it
          > >all....
          >
          > heh...just wait till they let me drive a tank *har
          > har*...Reutlingen you
          > are doomed!!!!!..and the whole rest of Suebia as well *G*
          > oh..and i am not a brat!!..well hm...sometimes ;-)
          >
          > n�rml

          =====
          Chronicler of all things Bardic...(or working on it)
          The Blood That Binds (NovelBooks, Inc.) now available
          The Lute and the Liar(NovelBooks, Inc) coming July 8th
          official archivist of: The Brobdingnagian Bards (www.thebards.net)

          http://sbc.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 2, 2002
            In a message dated 7/2/02 3:06:33 PM GMT Daylight Time, riewrites1@...
            writes:

            > Yes you are. ;)
            >
            > Are you serious? They are giving you a TANK? Good thing
            > there's no land bridge to the US any more...lol
            >
            > Rie

            Yeah.. that's a good reason to emigrate <giggle>, I've just remembered he
            can get to us through the Channel Tunnel ;-).

            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 12, 2002
              >> Yeah.. that's a good reason to emigrate <giggle>, I've just
              remembered he
              > can get to us through the Channel Tunnel ;-).

              Yeah! *har har*...you never should have built it!!!

              nörml liking that argumentation ;-)..at least its much more
              convinging that others *smirk*

              noerml