4306RE: [Flewelling] Re: a treat for Lynn

  • Rie Sheridan
    Sep 4, 2001
      That's okay, Robin--I like BOTH...lol

      Homicide is wonderful for the grit, and Nash Bridges for
      the playfulness of the characters. I grew up watching Don
      Johnson, so it is hard not to like him... :)

      --- Loireag <loireag@...> wrote:

      > --- Jeff Johnson <jjohnson@...> wrote:
      > > A few years ago one of the PBS shows (I can't remember
      > which one) did
      > > whole story on the making of an episode of
      > Homicide:Life on the
      > > Streets, and
      > > they followed it with the episode itself, broadcast in
      > its entirety
      > > without
      > > a commercial interruption. It was a superb pievce of
      > 'television
      > > about
      > > television,' and would have turned even the jaded
      > viewer into a fan
      > > of the
      > > show.
      >
      > That was truly cool -- and it reminded me why Vincent
      > D'Onofrio is an
      > underrated actor. It was also fascinating to see the
      > struggle Homicide
      > had to put on every week in order to compete with
      > <shudder> Nash
      > Bridges. (Apologies to any Nash Bridges fans), as well as
      > over content
      > and language. It must be hell to try to get a realistic
      > vision of cops
      > on a network channel.
      >
      > Robin B.
      >

      > =====
      >
      > "You were my soul and my silence
      > You were my hope, my lightness
      > You were the sword at my side
      > through all the winds that blow..." -- Duncan Sheik
      > Visit my manor -- http://www.angelfire.com/ma2/loireag
      > Check out Rambles! -- a cultural arts magazine

      > Get email alerts & NEW webcam video instant messaging
      > with Yahoo! Messenger
      > http://im.yahoo.com

      =====
      Rie Sheridan
      Sr. Fiction Editor VERGE Mag: http://www.vergemag.com/
      website: http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/riesheridan
      THE BLOOD THAT BINDS-12/3/01 from NovelBooks,Inc.
      THE LUTE AND THE LIAR-6/10/02 http://novelbooksinc.com

      http://im.yahoo.com
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic