      From: Lynn
      To: Flewelling@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: 9/2/01 10:16 AM
      Subject: [Flewelling] Re: a treat for Lynn

      Sounds wonderful! I've read bits and pieces about Sir Bell, but have
      never seen an extensive treatment. And Ian Richardson? yes yes yes!
      I'm off to check my PBS listings. I've been out of touch this summer.
      At the moment my only television obsession is the late night reruns of
      "Homicide:Life on the Streets" on a cable channel. One of the best
      made shows ever, IMHO.

      :-)

      Lynn

      In Flewelling@y..., HBrown9628@a... wrote:
      > Some weeks ago, there appeared on TV a single episode of something
      called I
      > think, Dead Rooms: the dark beginnings of Sherlock Holmes. I probably
      got
      > the first bit wrong as I have a mental block about it. Anyway, it's
      about
      > Arthur Conan Doyle at University and his tutor Sir something Bell and
      a bit
      > of investigating. I'd presumed it was a one off, but there are more
      starting
      > this week. And the interesting thing is it stars Ian Richardson as
      Bell.

      > It's a BBC show so I'll have a look see if it's a co-production, if
      not it'll
      > turn up on BBC America I should think.
      >
      > It's a good week for detectives in the UK, Rebus is back too, sigh.
      John
      > Hannah in adaptions of Ian Rankin's lovely dark books.
      >
      > Helen

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic