25822RE: [Flewelling] woof

    Jun 9, 2012
      Tahra I empathise. Like I've said before, I had problems with getting copies of the last two books from Amazon UK, pre-ordered copies only to be let down. So I was so happy to actually get my copy, and get it early this time. The problem of getting books is getting harder and harder, I used to get all my SF and Fantasy books from Rog Peyton's wonderful Andromeda bookshop in Birmingham, but alas that is no more. I loved that place so much, even when he move it from it's less than salubrious location in Summer Row, between the sex shop and cinema lol. I always did enjoy walking there from the railway station underneath the ring road .... But oh the magic of that little shop and the authors you got to meet there. But alas no more, and Wolverhampton is increasingly devoid of any bookshops. Bookland closed, Midland Educational, the book department in Beatties, our local department store, spent many a happy hour in there, all gone. As far as I know all we have left is WH Smiths. Sad.

      So now, I buy from Amazon for the odd paperback, but the majority of books I buy these days are Kindle versions. Just sad that we can't buy the ebook versions of the Nightrunner books either. Ah for the old days spending hours leafing through every Sci Fi and Fantasy book it seemed in print in Andromeda.

      Helen

      Sent from my iPad
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic