21129Re: NR Japanese book illustrations, take 2

  • the_world_according_to_nae
    May 3, 2007
      Hey everyone! I'm an excited new NR fan who has just joined (And I
      am, what many would describe as, 'Over the moon!' to find Lyn posting
      new NR snippets....YAY!!!!)

      I really liked these Japanese covers as well - especially of Alec
      sitting in the window with Seregil's cat. But I must say, my image of
      Alec whilst reading the books was closer to this one by Addie
      Underwood (click on 'Alec and Seregil' bedroom scene):
      http://www.freespaces.com/addie_anne/wallpaper.html

      Richie Glarber's picture of Alec which is half-way down the page on
      the right (note the large blue eyes!) was also pretty close to my
      image of Alec:
      http://www.sff.net/people/Lynn.Flewelling/gallery/g.s.main2001-2002.html

      I found that the Japanese pictures where perhaps missing that
      quintessential wide-eyed innocence of Alec. And plus I like him with
      longer hair!!

      Anyway...they're still good illustrations. It's just interesting how
      we form different pictures in our mind as we come to know these
      characters.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic