      From: Brenda
      To: Flewelling@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 6:32 PM
      Subject: Re: [Flewelling] Re: Anne Bishop: was NR Relationship

      yes hard edged.sadistic het. romance is a good way to describe it. I don't recall any gay characters though. Not any for lead anyways. Lynn is one of the few to put a gay character in the lead. Trudi Canavan comes close in her Black Magician's Trilogy. The character isn't the lead character but it's pretty close. Is focused on quite a bit.

      Here's a link for her main page to Anne Bishop's books. Though I'm told their hard to find if your not in the U.S. (don't know if anyone is or isn't in the U.S.) You can read the excerts to a few of her books like, Pillars of the World in her Tir Alainn Trilogy, her newest books and from a bit of one of her short stories in the Black Jewels Tirlogy. (she doesn't have one for the first book in the trilogy...at least not on her site.)
      http://www.annebishop.com/books.htm

      If you don't like very graphic stuff then I'd check out her Tir Alainn Trilgoy. Her Black Jewels Trilogy is a bit more graphic, but a great book, and deals with deeper topics...topics that you can relate to stuff we see in real life...if not in ours then on the news or someone eles. I don't know if I should go into details so I refrain from details.)