Re: Budwig protocol for stage IV Glioblastoma

  • toby.montry
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 18, 2009
      Hi Paul
      Sorry I am still putting this site together.

      What I have on that is this,

      Also known as: Grade IV Astrocytoma

      Description

      Glioblastoma Multiforme is a type of Astrocytoma Glioma (Brain Cancer) that consists of undifferentiated anaplastic Cells of Glial origin that show marked nuclear polymorphism, necrosis and vascular endothelial proliferation. Glioblastoma Multiforme Astrocytomas are almost always fatal.

      Prevalence

      Glioblastoma Multiforme occurs most prevalently in the Cerebrum of adults.

      These Substances may Prevent/Treat Glioblastoma Multiforme

      Animal-Derived Supplements

      Bovine Cartilage (9 grams per day) may be successful for the treatment of some cases of Glioblastoma Multiforme.

      Hormones

      Melatonin (20 mg per night) may counteract the toxic effects of Radiation Therapy in Glioblastoma Multiforme patients.

      Lipids

      Betulinic Acid may stimulate the apoptosis (cell death) of Glioblastoma multiforme cells.
      Perillyl Alcohol may stimulate the apoptosis (cell death) of Glioblastoma Multiforme cells.

      Peptides

      Antineoplastons may cause complete or partial response to Glioblastoma multiforme.

      Polyphenols

      Caffeic Acid may help to prevent Glioblastoma Multiforme.
      Continuous, high intake of Genistein may help to treat Glioblastoma Multiforme (however Genistein should not be used while undergoing periods of Radiation Therapy).
      Kaempferol may stimulate the apoptosis (cell death) of Glioblastoma cells.

      Vitamins

      Vitamin A (100,000 IU per day) may help to treat Glioblastoma Multiforme.
      Vitamin D3 (4,000 IU per day) may help to treat Glioblastoma Multiforme.
      Vitamin K (Vitamin K3 form) may inhibit the growth of Glioblastoma Multiforme.

      These Foods/Herbs may Prevent Glioblastoma Multiforme

      Bee Foods

      Propolis may help to prevent Glioblastoma Multiforme (primarily due to its high content of Caffeic Acid and Caffeic Acid Phenethyl Ester (CAPE)).

      Herbs

      Valerian may be useful for the treatment of Glioblastoma Multiforme (due to the Parthenolide content of Valerian). references

      ``These Substances may Exacerbate Glioblastoma Multiforme``

      Amino Acids

      Glioblastoma Multiforme tumor Cells feed on Tyrosine, it may therefore be prudent for Glioblastoma Multiforme patients to avoid Tyrosine supplementation.

      > My mother (63) had a stage IV glioblastoma brain tumor partially removed 2 weeks ago.

      > I understand these treatments are palliative and the Budwig protocol sounds like a dream come true.

      I hope so

      > 1. Will this work for a glioblastoma?
      I am not sure, maybe in the FO2 web page in the files there might be somthing

      > 2. Is there any chance it will negatively affect the conventional (& non curative) radiotherapy / chemo?

      i dont think so. BW is food.

      > 3. Will it start working quickly enough to save my mum?
      It starts working when you start. It is different with everyone. Some quickly, some slow

      > 4. Is there anything else we can do specifically for this type of cancer?
      not sure, sorry
    • paul brisbane
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19, 2009
        Thanks for all the info Toby, I appreciate anything I can get to research further & try out.

        kind regards

        http://toolbar.Care2.com Make your computer carbon-neutral (free).
        http://www.Care2.com Green Living, Human Rights and more - 8 million members!