No Flash Lite/Flash/AIR Mobile on future Nokia devices?

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 21, 2010
      Ciao everyone,

      just wanted to share today news of Nokia focusing on Qt and HTML5:
      Any comments?

      Alessandro Pace
      Mobile Architect
      Blogs: www.biskero.org www.flashlite4nokia.com www.flashlite4se.com
      Site: www.biskero.com
      Email:  biskero@...
      Skype/Gtalk/Jaiku/Twitter: biskero
      LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/biskero
      Forum Nokia Champion
      Samsung Mobile Innovator Star
      Manager of the Boston Adobe Mobile and Devices User Group: www.flashmobilegroup.org
      Adobe Community Professional Mobile
      Co-Founder of Mobile Monday Boston www.momoboston.com
    • Florian Feichtinger
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 21, 2010
        Hi all,

        I think thats a really good decision, it should have been made a long time ago. Me as a 8 years flash developer saying this :). Flash has been one of the most web standard and innovation blockers in web history.

        It was also a lot of fun and it payed and still pays my bills. But thats not the point ;)

        Florian

        --
        Florian Feichtinger

        User Experience Designer & Software Developer

        --
        MindDivision network

        Libauerstr. 4
        10245 Berlin
        Germany

        mobile +49 170 2997938
        fax +49 211 1793019
        mail florian@...
        www http://www.minddivision.net
        xing https://www.xing.com/profile/Florian_Feichtinger

        Diese E-Mail (einschliesslich etwaiger Anhaenge) ist vertraulich, rechtlich geschuetzt und ausschliesslich fuer den tatsaechlich gemeinten Adressaten bestimmt. Der Zugriff durch andere Personen ist nicht gestattet. Jede Offenlegung dieser E-Mail oder der Namen darin genannter Personen sowie jedes Aufbewahren, Kopieren, Versenden oder Verbreiten ist untersagt. Wenn Sie nicht der tatsaechlich gemeinte Adressat sind, bitten wir Sie, die E-Mail unverzueglich zu loeschenund dies dem Absender per Telefon oder per E-Mail mitzuteilen.

        This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential, may be legally privileged and is designated exclusively for the intended recipient. Access by any other person is not authorised. Any disclosure of this e-mail or of names of persons mentioned therein as well as any storing, copying, distribution and dissemination is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail and notify the sender by phone or by e-mail.
      • riku.salminen@nokia.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 21, 2010

          HTML 5 does not exclude Flash, that’s for sure ;o)

          -Riku

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 21, 2010
            How carefully crafted news are.

            -rnunes

            On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 1:10 PM, <riku.salminen@...> wrote:

[...]

            Rui Nunes,
            Present Technologies, Lda
            Rua D. João de Castro
            Urbanização Quinta da Fonte, Lote 12
            3030-384 Coimbra
            Portugal

          • Jesse Warden

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 21, 2010
                it isn't to bad here in berlin. ;) Looking back to to how flash was born it made hugh steps to become a programming language and technology like java etc but it still has its problems. especially since real software developers get they hands on it. there is much to do for adobe in the runtime, system integration, performance etc.... Platforms like os x, iOS will make it hard for them. I hate politics, but its good to say, there are better solution with better potentials then flash. So lets give it a try...

                I like flash and will always do jobs in that area but I will keep my critical thinking if flash is the right technology for the req solution.

                Have a great time flashlite user group

                Florian