Re: [FlashLite] Re: Can't send SMS on Nokia e90 FL3

    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 2, 2010
      Ciao,

      the problem is that FL 3 has the "famous" security sandbox from the browser implementation.
      So you have two choices:
      1 - install your apps into that directory (make sure you allow network access in your publishing settings)
      2 - if your app connects to the network, you can load the crossdomain.xml file and allow the domains access. In this case you do not need to put your content in the Trusted folder.

      Alessandro

      On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 8:40 PM, don tobias <surpriseboxmail@...> wrote:

      Hi Alessandro,

      Amazing knowledge there! Yes it worked!!!!!!Yes! How did you figure it out?

      WOW!

      God Bless You Alessandro! You saved my day!

      Regards,
      don

      From: Alessandro Pace <biskero@gmail. com>
      To: FlashLite@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 3:21 AM

      Ciao,

      did you try to make a folder called Trusted in the Others directory and execute the app from there?
      Alessandro

      On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 8:01 PM, don tobias <surpriseboxmail@ yahoo.com> wrote:

      hhi alessandro,

      yes i have FL 3 on E90. The swf is very simple. the only function is to send SMS.

      Yes it is on press, i tried on keypress or on release but nothing works.

      Do you have any solution?

      It's so weird that a communicator with full keypad would have this error. would you agree?

      Regards,
      don

      From: chris.caleb <ccaleb@blueyonder. co.uk>
      Subject: [FlashLite] Re: Can't send SMS on Nokia e90 FL3
      To: FlashLite@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 1:07 AM

      Don,

      Try this:

      if( System.capabilities .hasSMS == 1 )
      {
      getURL( "sms:?body=Hello this is a test SMS message." );
      }

      To be honest though, it sounds like there's a bug on your E90's implementation of Flash Lite.

      - Christopher
      http://www.christop hercaleb. com
      http://www.yeahbuti sitflash. com

      --
      Alessandro Pace
      Mobile Architect

      --
[...]

    • don tobias
      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 2, 2010
        Ciao,

        Wow! This surely made my day.It dragged me all day searching for answers.i'm from the philippines and 4am here still figuring this out. It was worth staying online till this time!

        Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I just bought this e90 for that purpose it would be tragic if you didn't come to the rescue.

        Regards,
        Don Tobias
        www.brgypinoy.com

        --
[...]

      • chris.caleb
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 2, 2010
          Great spot Alessandro! The security sandbox features of FL 3 are a real pain and something I try my best to forget. Thanks for reminding me :-)

        • riku.salminen@nokia.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Jan 4, 2010

            But it’s nice you took the time to immediately blame it on Nokia ;o)

            Just kidding. Really ;o) It’s not a perfect world and making Flash work on mobile has been a tremendous effort from Adobe and all handset manufacturers involved. Cross device and –platform compatibility being one of the most challenging tasks.

            -Riku

            href="http://mc/compose?to=biskero@...">http://mc/compose?to=biskero@...>

            href="http://mc/compose?to=FlashLite@yahoogroups.com">http://mc/compose?to=FlashLite@yahoogroups.com>

            href="http://mc/compose?to=ccaleb@...">http://mc/compose?to=ccaleb@...>