Re: [FlashLite] Re: Can't send SMS on Nokia e90 FL3

  • don tobias
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 2, 2010
      Christopher,

      Yes i really think there is a bug because when i haven't upgraded the firmware to latest, I can still use it. but now i can't guess i have to spend money to downgrade the firmware.

      E90 has poor support, should have bought n95 for test of apps.

      BTW,

      Do you customize flash lite apps?simple stuff, you know, rather than me doing and exploring FLs. I saw you site it's amazing!

      thank you Christopher!

      Regards,
      Don

      Message 2 of 18 , Jan 2, 2010
        Ciao Don,

        so you have Flash Lite 3.0 on the E90?
        Also are you launching the app from the main screen or from the front one?
        One stupid questions, is the getURL within a on(press) ?

        Alessandro

        }

        --
        Alessandro Pace
        Mobile Architect
        Message 3 of 18 , Jan 2, 2010
          hhi alessandro,

          yes i have FL 3 on E90. The swf is very simple. the only function is to send SMS.

          Yes it is on press, i tried on keypress or on release but nothing works.

          Do you have any solution?

          It's so weird that a communicator with full keypad would have this error. would you agree?

          Regards,
          don

          --
          Email:  biskero@gmail. com

            Message 5 of 18 , Jan 2, 2010
              HI,

              we'll it is not yet on SIS but i always put it in "Others folder"

              All my FL with sms link does not work on E90

              regards,
              don

                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 2, 2010
                  Hi Alessandro,

                  Amazing knowledge there! Yes it worked!!!!!!Yes! How did you figure it out?

                  WOW!

                  God Bless You Alessandro! You saved my day!

                  Regards,
                  don

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 2, 2010
                    Ciao,

                    the problem is that FL 3 has the "famous" security sandbox from the browser implementation.
                    So you have two choices:
                    1 - install your apps into that directory (make sure you allow network access in your publishing settings)
                    2 - if your app connects to the network, you can load the crossdomain.xml file and allow the domains access. In this case you do not need to put your content in the Trusted folder.

                    Alessandro

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 2, 2010
                      Ciao,

                      Wow! This surely made my day.It dragged me all day searching for answers.i'm from the philippines and 4am here still figuring this out. It was worth staying online till this time!

                      Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I just bought this e90 for that purpose it would be tragic if you didn't come to the rescue.

                      Regards,
                      Don Tobias
                      www.brgypinoy.com

                      --
[...]

                    • chris.caleb
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 2, 2010
                        Great spot Alessandro! The security sandbox features of FL 3 are a real pain and something I try my best to forget. Thanks for reminding me :-)

                      • riku.salminen@nokia.com
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 4, 2010

                          But it’s nice you took the time to immediately blame it on Nokia ;o)

                          Just kidding. Really ;o) It’s not a perfect world and making Flash work on mobile has been a tremendous effort from Adobe and all handset manufacturers involved. Cross device and –platform compatibility being one of the most challenging tasks.

                          -Riku

                          href="http://mc/compose?to=biskero@...">http://mc/compose?to=biskero@...>

                          href="http://mc/compose?to=FlashLite@yahoogroups.com">http://mc/compose?to=FlashLite@yahoogroups.com>

                          href="http://mc/compose?to=ccaleb@...">http://mc/compose?to=ccaleb@...>