Re: [FlashLite] Japan = Flash Lite 1.1 ? Help needed...

  • Dan Milward
    Message 1 of 96 , Nov 3, 2009
      Hey Mark,

      Just wondering if you are able to give us an update on the following
      email / information below. Our investor in Japan has asked us to build
      functionality that lets people upload their own game tiles and sprites.

      It is impossible to do this with Flash Lite 2.x so we think that if the
      market is FL3.x ready we can start building those functions right now -
      largely thanks to Scott's feedback we have proved the concept. Thanks bro :D

      Best,
      Dan

      Mark Doherty wrote:

      > Hi Dan,
      >
      > Check out the Strategy Analytics data in the downloads section of my
      > blog. There you can see the market data for Japan, it clearly shows
      > that in 2009 the installed base of devices will switch from FL1.1 to
      > FL3.0. That means 60m+ FL3.0 devices by the end of 09, though with
      > the economy I would take the numbers with a pinch of salt.
      >
      > Right now I would focus on getting the FL3.x version out the door, and
      > drive its success until such time as you have no other option but to
      > back port. The hope is that you won't have to because it'll take you
      > long enough to reach the FL3.0 devices, by which time your addressable
      > market will be bigger.
      >
      > My 2c.
      >
      > Mark
      >
      > www.flashmobileblog.com

      > To: FlashLite@yahoogroups.com
      > From: flapreview@...
      > Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 23:19:54 +0000
      > Subject: Re: [FlashLite] Japan = Flash Lite 1.1 ? Help needed...
      >

      > well, considering that i'm the dev of that game, i think you can
      > manage to replicate something along the same lines :)
      > making that game taught me lots of things regarding using flash for
      > games, and you're absolutely right: gameplay/experience should be on
      > the top of your priority list.
      >
      > i still believe your game has to be adapted in some ways as a 2d
      > side-scrolling/platform keypress behaviour can be tricky to achieve on
      > fl1.1 (that's why i made the rabbit running permanently + i wanted a
      > thumbs-play kinda game).
      >
      > let me know how you get on with things, i might be of some help.
      > contact me directly off-list if you wish?
      >
      > cheers
      > dns

    • Dan Milward
      Message 96 of 96 , Apr 6 3:33 PM
        Hey Guys,

        We need a developer to help us with a Flash file - we simply need some form fields tidied up and a little design work done. We don't have the resources to do it ourselves :P

        Email dan at instinct.co.nz for more info :))

        Best,
        Dan