Bitmaps

  • Vladimir Wolstencroft
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2009
      Hey guys,

      Just want to say thanks a lot for the bitmaps idea for pre-loading tiles into the game from user images. Loading in the movie clips and converting them to bitmaps works really well. It means that I can now call the tiles to be loaded or unloaded (as the character moves around the stage without any delay).

      The last problem left is using something similar for the flash lite player on the mobile.

      As far as I'm aware bitmaps are incompatible with the flash lite player (version 2).

      Is there perhaps another way to solve this problem, or some other architecture that I could implement to get similar results??

      Thanks a lot for your help.

      Vlad

    • Dan Milward
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2010
        Hey Chaps,

        We need somebody with AS3 experiance to help us with a gaming project.
        You'll need a bit of PHP experience too though - we need somebody that
        can hit the ground running and give us a weeks worth of time.

        Ciao,
        Dan
      • Alograg
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 25, 2010
          Me and the company, where I work, have experience in AS3 and PHP, and their interaction with AMFPHP. But I'm not cheap.