Flash Lite in Car

  • Richard Leggett
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2009
      Just saw this over at FlashDen, quite incredible:

      http://blog.flashden.net/general/flash-technology-in-the-drivers-seat/

      I'm not sure I'd want the weather or RSS changing when I'm driving,
      but anyway interesting combination of Flash Lite and OpenGL.
    • Ivan Dario Sosa Prieto
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2009
        Hello guys.
        My company is developing a simple mobile app for a local agency, and my client is getting the "Certficate error" when installing.

        I told him to do the following to avoid the error but he wants to skip all of this and be able to install trhe app without so much "trouble".

        1. go to home menu
        2. choose settings
        3. choose applications
        4. choose app.manager
        5. change the Software Installation Option to “All” (the default value is “signed only”)

        It worked as it was expected.

        But he wants to avoid this process so I was wondering if self-signing the app (via for ex. www.swfpack.com) could do the trick.

        If not, how can I assure my client his users won´t have to be geeks in order to use the app?

        Thanks for your help. See some of you at MAX!

        ¡Obtén la mejor experiencia en la web!
        Descarga gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 8
        http://downloads.yahoo.com/ieak8/?l=e1
      • Jens Wommer
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2009
          self-signing will effect that a warning-message comes up when installing the app. on each mobile - but it will work. But probably your client wont like this either.
          Than you'll have to go the long road over the 'express signing' - This is a very time-consuming & geeky process - and in addition to this it will cost you over 220 Dollar...
          Ciao Jens

          -------- Original-Nachricht --------

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 2, 2009
            Thank you Jens for your response.
            My client (and I) don´t mind about the warning alert, but the users won´t have to to the "settings-apps-apps manager-software installation option to All" hassle right? I mean with self signing. That´s what my client wants to avoid

            self-signing will effect that a warning-message comes up when installing the app. on each mobile - but it will work. But probably your client wont like this either.
            Than you'll have to go the long road over the 'express signing' - This is a very time-consuming & geeky process - and in addition to this it will cost you over 220 Dollar...
            Ciao Jens

            -------- Original-Nachricht --------
            > Datum: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 19:09:29 -0700 (PDT)
            > Von: Ivan Dario Sosa Prieto <sosa_ivan@...>
            > An: FlashLite@yahoogroups.com
            > Betreff: [FlashLite] Self signing Flash Lite app

            > Hello guys.
            > My company is developing a simple mobile app for a local agency, and my
            > client is getting the "Certficate error" when installing.
            >
            > I told him to do the following to avoid the error but he wants to skip all
            > of this and be able to install trhe app without so much "trouble".
            >
            > 1. go to home menu
            >
            > 2. choose settings
            >
            > 3. choose applications
            >
            > 4. choose app.manager
            >
            > 5. change the Software Installation Option to “All” (the default value
            > is “signed only”)
            >
            > It worked as it was expected.
            >
            > But he wants to avoid this process so I was wondering if self-signing the
            > app (via for ex. www.swfpack.com) could do the trick.
            >
            > If not, how can I assure my client his users won´t have to be geeks in
            > order to use the app?
            >
            > Thanks for your help. See some of you at MAX!

            > ¡Obtén la mejor experiencia en la web!
            > Descarga gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 8.
            > http://downloads.yahoo.com/ieak8/?l=e1

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                mailto:FlashLite-digest@yahoogroups.com
                mailto:FlashLite-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 4, 2009
              Hi - not sure why the self signing process is required at all - doesn't work it without signing it? - What would happen, if you just provided an unsigned SIS of the app? Maybe created with the following tool:
              http://www.forum.nokia.com/Technology_Topics/Web_Technologies/Flash_Lite/Flash_Packager_Introduction.xhtml
              Than you'd avoid this certificate error...
              Ciao Jens
              -------- Original-Nachricht --------