Sanity check - Flex to mobile

  • Chris Browne
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2009

      Apologies for Cross posting.Just emailing to see if it is possible to go from Flex (as3) to Air then to Nokia WRT? I know you can package Air apps to WRT but my understanding is that only works if the Air app is based on AS2. Is this correct or have I completely missed AS3 going mobile? (I'm aware there is a hacked version of flash player 10 working on a device... but looking more mass market)

      Thanks in advance,

      Chris
    • Jesse Warden

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 2, 2009
            Ciao

            "I know you can package Air apps to WRT"

            is not correct. The Webkit in WRT is not the same as in AIR.
            Also packaging is different.

            There are some articles on the Forum Nokia WiKi about Flash Lite and WRT.

            Alessandro

            --
            Alessandro Pace
            Mobile Architect
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 2, 2009
              I think I have found where my confusion lies - http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/How_to_port_Adobe_AIR_to_WRT only just realized it doesn't actually mention the Air app contains flash!

              Kind regards,

              Chris

              p.s for anyone who has been following this and is interested a good article is http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/How_to_package_Flash_content_in_a_Widget (Flash lite not Flex :) ).

              my sanity has returned :)

              On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Alessandro Pace <biskero@...> wrote:

              Ciao

[...]

            • Colm Brazel
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 3, 2009
                "Full Flash on phones by the end of the year...."

                http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/adobe_mobile_flash_to_get_accelerometer_multi-touc.php

                On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Chris

              • Jens Wommer
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 6, 2009
                  Hey FlashLite-Group,
                  I'm nearly there getting signed my first App. But I've got a question regarding the Zip that I've got to submit to symbiansigned...
                  I read this file has to contain a readme.txt file.
                  What actually has to be written in this readme.txt? Can anybody here point out the relevant things needed in it plus the scope of it or even better send me such a file - This would really help!

                  Also I've read somewhere that I need to supply an usermanual in other sources this manual wasn't mentioned - Do I need this? Not sure either which file type and file-name? Are there any conventions for such a file?
                  Many thanks,
                  Jens

                  -------- Original-Nachricht --------

                • Darren Osadchuk
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 6, 2009
                    My readme files have the app name and version, my company name, and this
                    text:

                    "Full instructions can be found in the pdf document included in this zip
                    package."

                    The instruction manual is a pdf, which actually has fairly complete
                    instructions, since I had to provide those when the games went live on
                    Verizon. The pdf is basically an explanation of the game, menus, and
                    features. It's about a page and a half, nothing too fancy.

                    At the very least you do need to provide a pdf, readme.txt, .pkg and
                    .sis in the zip file; they do run a check to make sure all files are
                    present.

                    Darren