S60 Platform Test - Game "PROJECT APOCALYPSE"

  • Dan Milward
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 28, 2009
    This email is from our new developer - his Yahoo FL account is still pending so I'm sending on his behalf :)

    Hey there,

    We are currently developing a Flash Lite platform game for touch screen mobiles and we are having trouble testing the touch screen and tilting functionality on the Flash Lite emulator.

    I am using a basic button function ( onPress and onRelease) for shooting and jumping and I was wondering if that would actually work with a touch screen mobile or would a different implementation be required. (The game is being optimised for the s60 paltform using falsh lite 2.1)

    Game Controls
    Shoot - right tap
    Jump - left tap

    Here is a sample of the swf, the dark areas on the right and left of the screen is where the invisible buttons will be.

    Thanks for your help

    Vlad
  • riku.salminen@nokia.com
    Message 2 of 6 , Jun 29, 2009

      Hi Vlad, Dan

      onPress, onRelease work fine. You might wish to consider using mouse listeners as well.

      Unfortunately there is no sensor data passed in the emulator. Please make sure you have the latest device central updates and use Nokia 5800 profile for testing touch.

      -Riku