Re: [FlashLite] 5800 + Planet Nokia

  • Ugur Kaner
    Message 1 of 96 , Jun 24, 2009
      Dan, it really depends on your implementation. It's possible and in our
      opinion better to have only one distributable supporting all. Check out
      the paper we worked on with Nokia;

      http://twi.gy/ERLt

      Also check out Pikkoo mobile app; it works on both key and touch devices;

      www.pikkoo.com/get

      cheers,

      Ugur.-

      Dan Milward wrote:

      > Hey Dale,
      >
      > Thanks for the advice. So would you recommend creating two versions?
      > one old school and one for the touch-screen devices. Or would you take
      > something like our game and add the touch-screen option.
      >
      > Best,
      > Dan
      >
      > On 24/6/09 5:34 PM, Dale Rankine wrote:
      >
      >> Hey Dan, yep you should consider creating a port of your content for
      >> touch-screen devices such as the 5800, N97, etc if you want to have
      >> your content render and perform well on those devices.
      >>

      >> Running existing applications/games from regular devices is
      >> problematic, and on the 5800 at least you get this ugly virtual D-pad
      >> and soft keys popup which needs to be disabled specifically if you
      >> don’t want it (sorry Nokia, but yeah it’s ugly J)
      >>

      >> Dale.

    • Dan Milward
      Message 96 of 96 , Apr 6 3:33 PM
        Hey Guys,

        We need a developer to help us with a Flash file - we simply need some form fields tidied up and a little design work done. We don't have the resources to do it ourselves :P

        Email dan at instinct.co.nz for more info :))

        Best,
        Dan