Flash Lite... China penetration

  • Dan Milward
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2009
      Hi Guys,

      We want to make a game for the Chinese market. We have one year to do it.

      Does anybody have any stats on the current number of Flash Lite phones
      in China vs what it will be in one year. Also if we really should just
      develop a game in Java (sniff) is there anybody on this list that can
      multitask that wants some work :D

      Best,
      Dan
    • 沈润权
      Message 2 of 8 , May 3, 2009
        Chinese Market!m May definite ?

        --- 09年5月1日,周五, Dan Milward <dan@...> 写道:
        发件人: Dan Milward <dan@...>
        主题: [FlashLite] Flash Lite... China penetration
        收件人: FlashLite@yahoogroups.com
        日期: 2009,51,周五,7:48上午

        Hi Guys,

        We want to make a game for the Chinese market. We have one year to do it.

        Does anybody have any stats on the current number of Flash Lite phones
        in China vs what it will be in one year. Also if we really should just
        develop a game in Java (sniff) is there anybody on this list that can
        multitask that wants some work :D

        Best,
        Dan

        好玩贺卡等你发,邮箱贺卡全新上线!
      • Dan Milward
        Message 3 of 8 , May 3, 2009
          Hello, I'm not sure what you mean.

          What I want to know is what the Chinese market is like for Flash Lite - actually it turns out we have 9 months to build an application and I want to decide this week whether we can get away with using Flash Lite.

          Best,.. Dan

          Message 4 of 8 , May 4, 2009
            so sorry!
            Do you have Flash Lite Demo?

            --- 09年5月4日,周一, Dan Milward <dan@...> 写道:
            发件人: Dan Milward <dan@...>
            主题: Re: 回复: [FlashLite] Flash Lite... China penetration
            收件人: FlashLite@yahoogroups.com
            日期: 2009,54,周一,9:49上午

            Message 5 of 8 , May 4, 2009
              Yup. Check out www.instinct.co.nz/ecowarrior

              We want to launch a Chinese version of this.

              Best,
              Dan

              On 5/5/09 12:07 PM, 沈润权 wrote:

              so sorry!
              Do you have Flash Lite Demo?

              --- 09年5月4日,周一, Dan Milward <dan@instinct. co.nz> 写道:
              发件 人: Dan Milward <dan@instinct. co.nz>

              On 4/5/09 12:37 PM, 沈润权 wrote:

              Chinese Market!m May definite ?

              好玩贺卡等你发,邮箱贺卡全新上线!
            • Ronnie Liew
              Message 6 of 8 , May 4, 2009
                Hi Dan,

                I don't have the actual figures but it may be easier to go with finding out the percentage of Nokia users in China. Most of the recent Nokia phones should come with Flash Lite.

                You can see a whole list of Nokia phones that support flash lite via this link

                I had to do some market research the last time round for a flash lite app and it turns out that the percentage of Nokia user in China was big enough.

                Hope it helps.

                P.S I am not affiliated with Nokia but they used to be my client a few years back (hence the market awareness).

                Ronnie

                发件 人: Dan Milward <dan@...>

                Message 7 of 8 , May 12, 2009
                  Ciao everyone,

                  as many of you know there are some great opportunity for Flash Lite developers:
                  A special mention for commercial applications - even if already on the market - can be submitted. The only restriction is that any entries have not already won a Nokia sponsored competition.

                  Call All Innovators is not restricted to new and unreleased products.

                  A Winning Opportunity for Flash Developers

                  Do you develop Flash Lite applications for Nokia devices? If so, Forum Nokia has two funding opportunities that could be a real win-win for your efforts:

                    1. The $10 million Open Screen Project Fund grants funding to developers who are creating applications and services for mobile, desktop and consumer electronics devices using the Adobe Flash® Platform. Initial areas of focus for funding include: entertainment; social networking; productivity; gaming; news and information.
                    2. Developers that receive funding can use the money to create applications for submission in the Flash category of Forum Nokia’s 2009 Calling All Innovators contest. Total cash and prizes are worth more than $250,000 (USD), and include immediate business opportunities with Nokia:

                    • Premium placement of the winning application in Nokia’s Ovi Store, where consumers will find the best Flash applications for Nokia devices
                    • Paid travel to demo the winning entry at a Nokia-specified event
                    • Review by Nokia for possible preload of the application on future Nokia devices

                  As an incentive for you to submit your Flash application to the Calling All Innovators contest, there is an additional cash prize of $10,000 USD for one winner that also received money from the Open Screen Project Fund.

                  Contest entries will be accepted until midnight (EST) on 30 June 2009.

                  Apply for funding from the Open Screen Project Fund »

                  Then submit your Flash Lite application to Calling All Innovators »

                  Contest Rules  |  Site Terms and Conditions  |  Privacy Policy  |  Contact Us  |  Forum Nokia
                  ©2009 Nokia. All Rights Reserved.

                  You are currently subscribed to receive updates from Forum Nokia.
                  Update Profile

                  Forum Nokia
                  102 Corporate Park Drive
                  White Plains, NY 10604
                  USA

                  For more information and questions please use the following forums:
                  Please spread these information.

                  Thanks