Re: [FlashLite] fscommand2("GetPlatform")

  • Brent Arnold
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 4, 2009
      Re: [FlashLite] fscommand2("GetPlatform") What about indexOf.

       var platform:String = fscommand2(“GetPlatform”, “platform”);
      If(platform.toLowerCase().indexOf(“nokia”) != -1)
      {
         // you’ve got nokia
      }

      iBrent

      From: Scott Janousek <scott@...>
      Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 11:10:23 -0500
      To: <FlashLite@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [FlashLite] fscommand2("GetPlatform")

      Nope no built in trim as in PHP, in AS2 ... but if you search there are
      tons of custom functions out there for reuse.

      -sj

      On 3/4/2009 5:02 AM, Barry Beattie wrote:
      > Dale, is there a "trim()" function availble to help here?
      >

      > if (trim(fscommand2(“GetPlatform”, “platform”)) == " “Nokia OS" )
      > {
      >   // etc....
      > }

    • Brent Arnold
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 4, 2009
        Sorry if this post gets double posted, I thought my email response would go through...

        What about using indexOf()?

        var platform:String = fscommand2("GetPlatform", "platform");
        if (platform.toLowerCase().indexOf("nokia") != -1)
        {
        // you've got a Nokia phone
        }

        iBrent

        --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, Scott Janousek <scott@...> wrote:

        > that's my favorite, but it depends on your needs. :)
        >
        > On 3/4/2009 11:15 AM, Jesse Warden wrote:
        > >
        > > like:
        > >

        > > var str = "cow ";
        > > str = str.split(" ").join("");
        > >
        > > On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Scott Janousek
        > > <scott@... <mailto:scott@...>> wrote:
        > >
        > > Nope no built in trim as in PHP, in AS2 ... but if you search
        > > there are
        > > tons of custom functions out there for reuse.
        > >
        > > -sj
        > >
        > > On 3/4/2009 5:02 AM, Barry Beattie wrote:
        > > > Dale, is there a "trim()" function availble to help here?
        > > >

        > > > if (trim(fscommand2("GetPlatform", "platform")) == " "Nokia OS" )
        > > > {
        > > > // etc....
        > > > }

      • Scott Janousek

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 4, 2009
            > var str = "cow ";
            > str = str.split(" ").join("");

            hang on, that won't work:

            "Nokia OS " would be

            "NokiaOS"

            you're splitting the string into an array based on a space as the delimiter

            and then joining the array to a string. Any delimiter occurance would
            be a new array element to then join (now without the space)
          • Darren Osadchuk
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 4, 2009
              Probably other ways to do it, but:

              var str = "Nokia OS ";
              while (str.charAt(str.length-1) == " ") {
              str = str.substr(0, str.length-1);
              }

              would work.

              D.

              Barry Beattie wrote:

              > > var str = "cow ";
              > > str = str.split(" ").join("");
              >
              > hang on, that won't work:
              >
              > "Nokia OS " would be
              >
              > "NokiaOS"
              >
              > you're splitting the string into an array based on a space as the delimiter
              >
              > and then joining the array to a string. Any delimiter occurance would
              > be a new array element to then join (now without the space)

            • Weyert de Boer
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 4, 2009
                Depends if the null character is getting translated to a space also in
                these methods. If not, it would work if you use String.fromCharCode(0)
                probably.

                > Probably other ways to do it, but:
                >
                > var str = "Nokia OS ";
                > while (str.charAt(str.length-1) == " ") {
                > str = str.substr(0, str.length-1);
                > }
                >
                > would work.
                >
                > D.
                >
                > Barry Beattie wrote:
                > >

                > > > var str = "cow ";
                > > > str = str.split(" ").join("");
                > >
                > > hang on, that won't work:
                > >
                > > "Nokia OS " would be
                > >
                > > "NokiaOS"
                > >
                > > you're splitting the string into an array based on a space as the
                > delimiter
                > >
                > > and then joining the array to a string. Any delimiter occurance would
                > > be a new array element to then join (now without the space)

              • Maxim Antinori
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 5, 2009
                  Agree with iBrent, I like the indexOf approach to this, simpler/faster than splits and joins...