RE: [FlashLite] Flash Player 10 on devices yet?

  • Mark Doherty
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 9, 2009
      Hi Brent,

      At MAX 2008 we showed Flash 10 running on Windows Mobile 6.1, S60 3rd Edition FP2 and the HTC G1 powered by Android.  We are also working on a version for the iPhone and that's going pretty well, although we'll need Apple's support.  I should point out that these were very early working versions and our intent is to release to partners under the Open Screen Project at the very end of this year.

      The Flash Lite Distributable Player is a first step to enable you to get started with mobile devices, or if you're an old hand to start packaging your applications.  One of the key goals of the project is to learn about the creation, packaging and distribution of mobile applications; essential learning for a multi-screen future.

      As you can imagine preference will be shown to those who have demonstrable knowledge, or have investments in multi-screen applications as we go to pre-release with Flash 10.

      You can sign up for that here:
      www.adobe.com/go/distribute

      Regards,

      Mark
      Adobe - Platform Evangelist

      To: FlashLite@yahoogroups.com
      From: brent@...
      Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 16:23:13 +0000
      Subject: [FlashLite] Flash Player 10 on devices yet?

      Hi all,

      Do we have any date or confirmation on FP10 on mobile devices yet? I
      heard it was coming to Windows Mobile 6.1, but I haven't seen anything.

      Also, I've got my Android dev phone (the unlocked G1) and I'd love to
      get FP10 on this bad boy.

      Regards,

      iBrent

      Are you a PC? Upload your PC story and show the world
    • Brent Arnold
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 9, 2009
        Hi Mark,

        Thanks for the quick reply. This is good news to hear. It's always
        exciting to see the things you love moving forward on mobile devices.

        Brent

        --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, Mark Doherty <markadoherty@...> wrote:

        > Hi Brent,
        >
        > At MAX 2008 we showed Flash 10 running on Windows Mobile 6.1, S60
        3rd Edition FP2 and the HTC G1 powered by Android. We are also
        working on a version for the iPhone and that's going pretty well,
        although we'll need Apple's support. I should point out that these
        were very early working versions and our intent is to release to
        partners under the Open Screen Project at the very end of this year.

        > The Flash Lite Distributable Player is a first step to enable you to
        get started with mobile devices, or if you're an old hand to start
        packaging your applications. One of the key goals of the project is
        to learn about the creation, packaging and distribution of mobile
        applications; essential learning for a multi-screen future.

        > As you can imagine preference will be shown to those who have
        demonstrable knowledge, or have investments in multi-screen
        applications as we go to pre-release with Flash 10.

        > You can sign up for that here:
        > www.adobe.com/go/distribute
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Mark
        > Adobe - Platform Evangelist
        >
        > To: FlashLite@yahoogroups.com
        > From: brent@...
        > Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 16:23:13 +0000
        > Subject: [FlashLite] Flash Player 10 on devices yet?

        > Hi all,
        >

        > Do we have any date or confirmation on FP10 on mobile devices yet? I
        >
        > heard it was coming to Windows Mobile 6.1, but I haven't seen anything.
        >

        > Also, I've got my Android dev phone (the unlocked G1) and I'd love to
        >
        > get FP10 on this bad boy.
        >

        > Regards,
        >

        > iBrent

        > Are you a PC?  Upload your PC story and show the world

      • Darren Osadchuk
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 9, 2009
          Hey Mark,

          Any sense on when we can expect to hear if we've been accepted into
          the beta? Like Weyert, I applied a while ago (right after MAX NA), but
          still haven't heard anything.

          Thanks,
          Darren

          On 9-Jan-09, at 11:11 AM, Mark Doherty wrote:

          > Hi Brent,
          >
          > At MAX 2008 we showed Flash 10 running on Windows Mobile 6.1, S60
          > 3rd Edition FP2 and the HTC G1 powered by Android. We are also
          > working on a version for the iPhone and that's going pretty well,
          > although we'll need Apple's support. I should point out that these
          > were very early working versions and our intent is to release to
          > partners under the Open Screen Project at the very end of this year.
          >
          > The Flash Lite Distributable Player is a first step to enable you to
          > get started with mobile devices, or if you're an old hand to start
          > packaging your applications. One of the key goals of the project is
          > to learn about the creation, packaging and distribution of mobile
          > applications; essential learning for a multi-screen future.
          >
          > As you can imagine preference will be shown to those who have
          > demonstrable knowledge, or have investments in multi-screen
          > applications as we go to pre-release with Flash 10.
          >
          > You can sign up for that he re:
          > www.adobe.com/go/distribute
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Mark
          > Adobe - Platform Evangelist
          >

          > To: FlashLite@yahoogroups.com
          > From: brent@...
          > Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 16:23:13 +0000
          > Subject: [FlashLite] Flash Player 10 on devices yet?
          >
          > Hi all,
          >
          > Do we have any date or confirmation on FP10 on mobile devices yet? I
          > heard it was coming to Windows Mobile 6.1, but I haven't seen
          > anything.
          >
          > Also, I've got my Android dev phone (the unlocked G1) and I'd love to
          > get FP10 on this bad boy.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > iBrent
          >

          > Are you a PC? Upload your PC story and show the world

        • Weyert de Boer
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 9, 2009
            The last thing I heard about it was:

            > Thank you for sending the IMEI number of your mobile handset.
            >
            > It will take few business days to incorporate your mobile handset's IMEI number in Adobe Distributable Player prerelease build. Once the build (with your IMEI number incorporated) is available for testing, an e- mail notification will be sent to you informing you about the same.
            >
            > Looking forward to your active involvement in Adobe Distributable player Prerelease Program!

            and
            > Thank you for registering in Adobe® Distributable player Prerelease
            > Program and sending the IMEI number of your mobile handsets. However
            > due to certain technical issues, there is a delay in commencing Adobe®
            > Distributable player Prerelease Program. We are targeting third week
            > of * to make Adobe® Distributable player Prerelease Program live. We
            > will inform you once the go live date is finalized.

            But that has been months ago like. After that silence and no feedback
            from Aditi either.
          • Mark Doherty
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 10, 2009
              Hi Guys,

              Right now we only have those developers in the supported countries.

              Early next week we'll post up the developer editions of the players
              for side-loading and the gates will open for you all.

              Aditi and team will be able to do this quickly once the players are up.

              Mark

              > To: FlashLite@yahoogroups.com
              > From: wdb@...
              > Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 18:56:33 +0100
              > Subject: Re: [FlashLite] Flash Player 10 on devices yet?
              >
              > The last thing I heard about it was:
              >
              > > Thank you for sending the IMEI number of your mobile handset.
              > >
              > > It will take few business days to incorporate your mobile handset's IMEI number in Adobe Distributable Player prerelease build. Once the build (with your IMEI number incorporated) is available for testing, an e- mail notification will be sent to you informing you about the same.
              > >
              > > Looking forward to your active involvement in Adobe Distributable player Prerelease Program!
              > >
              > and
              > > Thank you for registering in Adobe® Distributable player Prerelease
              > > Program and sending the IMEI number of your mobile handsets. However
              > > due to certain technical issues, there is a delay in commencing Adobe®
              > > Distributable player Prerelease Program. We are targeting third week
              > > of * to make Adobe® Distributable player Prerelease Program live. We
              > > will inform you once the go live date is finalized.
              >
              > But that has been months ago like. After that silence and no feedback
              > from Aditi either.

              > <*> Your email settings:
              > Individual Email | Traditional
              >
              > <*> To change settings online go to:
              > (Yahoo! ID required)
              >
              > <*> To change settings via email:
              > mailto:FlashLite-digest@yahoogroups.com
              > mailto:FlashLite-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              What can you do with the new Windows Live? Find out