Shared Objects

  • Luciano Fernandes
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 20, 2008

      I need a little help from you.

      I´m developing a software in flash lite that needs a login page. Just
      LOGIN and PASSWORD.

      I want to record the LOGIN in the smartphone, so I can retrieve later,
      just like any login page with "Save Login" or Save Password" when the
      checkbox "Save Login" is checked.

      For this I used this Shared Object code:

      if (login_so.data.email != undefined) {
      email.text = login_so.data.email;
      } else {
      email.text = "";
      }

      var login_so:SharedObject = SharedObject.getLocal("meuemail");

      // on the listener for the softkey
      if (keyCode == ExtendedKey.SOFT2) {

      if (ckbRememberEmail.selected == true)
      {
      login_so.data.email = email.text;
      login_so.flush();
      }
      else
      {
      login_so.data.email = "";
      login_so.flush();
      }
      }

      I found the file recorded in the smartphone and the LOGIN (email) is
      recorded in the file, but I can´t retrieve the LOGIN because it comes
      "undefined".

      Anyone can help me?

      Thank you.

      Luciano Fernandes
    • Luciano Fernandes
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 20, 2008
        It worked!!!!!

        Thank you, Kirk!
        I put the code:

        var login_so:SharedObject = SharedObject.getLocal("meuemail");
        soInitHandler = function(so:SharedObject){

        if (login_so.data.email != undefined) {
        email.text = login_so.data.email;
        } else {
        email.text = "";
        }
        }
        SharedObject.addListener("meuemail", soInitHandler);

        I also put this in other frame:
        SharedObject.removeListener("meuemail", soInitHandler);

        I lost an entire week because of this problem. Thank you again.

        Luciano Fernandes

        --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, "Luciano Fernandes"
        <lucianopopo@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I need a little help from you.
        >
        > I´m developing a software in flash lite that needs a login page. Just
        > LOGIN and PASSWORD.
        >
        > I want to record the LOGIN in the smartphone, so I can retrieve later,
        > just like any login page with "Save Login" or Save Password" when the
        > checkbox "Save Login" is checked.
        >
        > For this I used this Shared Object code:
        >

        > if (login_so.data.email != undefined) {
        > email.text = login_so.data.email;
        > } else {
        > email.text = "";
        > }
        >
        > var login_so:SharedObject = SharedObject.getLocal("meuemail");
        >

        > // on the listener for the softkey
        > if (keyCode == ExtendedKey.SOFT2) {
        >
        > if (ckbRememberEmail.selected == true)
        > {
        > login_so.data.email = email.text;
        > login_so.flush();
        > }
        > else
        > {
        > login_so.data.email = "";
        > login_so.flush();
        > }
        > }
        >

        > I found the file recorded in the smartphone and the LOGIN (email) is
        > recorded in the file, but I can´t retrieve the LOGIN because it comes
        > "undefined".
        >
        > Anyone can help me?
        >
        > Thank you.
        >
        > Luciano Fernandes

      • Kirk
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 21, 2008
          You are welcome!

          Has anyone run into issues saving multi-dimensional arrays to Shared
          Objects on the device. It works on the desktop not device.

          I'm building a FL GPS app and it would be nice to save (name,
          latitude, longitude) to each item in the array but it looks like I
          will need to split it into 3 arrays.

          Best regards,
          Kirk Ballou

          <lucianopopo@...> wrote:

          > It worked!!!!!
          >

          > Thank you, Kirk!
          > I put the code:
          >

          > var login_so:SharedObject = SharedObject.getLocal("meuemail");
          > soInitHandler = function(so:SharedObject){
          >
          > if (login_so.data.email != undefined) {
          > email.text = login_so.data.email;
          > } else {
          > email.text = "";
          > }
          > }
          > SharedObject.addListener("meuemail", soInitHandler);
          >

          > I also put this in other frame:
          > SharedObject.removeListener("meuemail", soInitHandler);
          >

          > I lost an entire week because of this problem. Thank you again.
          >

          > Luciano Fernandes
          >

          > --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, "Luciano Fernandes"
          > <lucianopopo@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I need a little help from you.
          > >
          > > I´m developing a software in flash lite that needs a login page.
          Just
          > > LOGIN and PASSWORD.
          > >
          > > I want to record the LOGIN in the smartphone, so I can retrieve
          later,
          > > just like any login page with "Save Login" or Save Password" when
          the
          > > checkbox "Save Login" is checked.
          > >
          > > For this I used this Shared Object code:
          > >

          > > if (login_so.data.email != undefined) {
          > > email.text = login_so.data.email;
          > > } else {
          > > email.text = "";
          > > }
          > >
          > > var login_so:SharedObject = SharedObject.getLocal("meuemail");
          > >

          > > // on the listener for the softkey
          > > if (keyCode == ExtendedKey.SOFT2) {
          > >
          > > if (ckbRememberEmail.selected == true)
          > > {
          > > login_so.data.email = email.text;
          > > login_so.flush();
          > > }
          > > else
          > > {
          > > login_so.data.email = "";
          > > login_so.flush();
          > > }
          > > }
          > >

          > > I found the file recorded in the smartphone and the LOGIN (email)
          is
          > > recorded in the file, but I can´t retrieve the LOGIN because it
          comes
          > > "undefined".
          > >
          > > Anyone can help me?
          > >
          > > Thank you.
          > >
          > > Luciano Fernandes

        • Kirk
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 23, 2008
            Ah found the issue!

            A note for anyone else that runs into this. It was not the array but
            the xml data which seemed to be the issue.
            Shared Objects do not seem to like saving direct xml data. Covert it
            to a string it works. So if you set this data to a text field it will
            then save to the SO.