Re: [FlashLite] Slow IDE upon publishing to Device Central

  • Rui Nunes
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1 2:54 AM
      Bill Perry wrote:

      > Hi Rui,
      >
      > Are you windows or mac?
      >
      > What is the version of FL that you’re testing (FL2.0, 3.0)?
      >

      > .bp
      >

      > On 8/28/08 7:24 AM, "Rui Nunes" <rnunes@...
      > <rnunes@...>> wrote:
      >

      > Hi fellows,
      > I have upgraded to a new and reasonably good machine.
      > But I keep noticing a recurrent lack of performance / slow
      > response from
      > Flash IDE ocasionally.
      > This seems to happen when I trigger a SWF publish, into Device
      > Central.
      > Device Central seems to block the Flash IDE UI response, which
      > sometimes
      > takes 1 to 2 secs longer to activate any UI elements.
      > All seems to go back to normal if i close Device Central - I don't
      > like
      > to do this, because I like to keep it side-by-side to recheck the
      > current outcome against what I am currently working on in the
      > Flash IDE.
      > Seems like a child process problem or something. Or maybe the DC
      > preview
      > is just feasting on resources as it displays.
      >
      > Is there any special tunning one can do?
      >
      > -Rui Nunes

      Hello Bill,
      Previously I was using Windows XP, now I have Windows Vista. But the
      same thing happens. I am publishing in FL 2.0.
      The symptoms are like: after leaving the app running in DC for a while
      (including maybe having it refreshing with requests), the Flash IDE
      starts to lose response performance. And then if you close DC, pow!: it
      gets back to its normal behaviour.
      It's not critical, but I'm pointing it out anyway.

      -Rui Nunes
    • Bill Perry
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2 8:49 AM
        Hi Rui,

        Thanks for the details, I've passed them along to our DC team.

        Best,
        Bill