1942 demo + jungle jam help...

  • Dan Milward
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 15, 2008
      Hey Guys,

      A friend of mine just tested "jungle_jam_lite.swf" on his N93 and we got
      a Content 3 error.

      I was wondering if anybody else with that phone or any other S60 3rd
      addition phone could test this for me and report back any bugs.

      Also. I have attached another little demo game made using the Game
      Creator. It is a little remake of 1942. It needs a lot of work still but
      I just wanted to prove that these sorts of shooting games will work okay
      and they do...

      Ciao,

      Dan
    • naz
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 16, 2008
        Hi Dan!

        Am using the same dev phone, N93.

        Can you re-send the SWFs to this e-mail address please?

        I'm subscribed to the yahoo group in "digest mode", so all
        attachments get stripped from the daily email digest I receive.

        -Naz
        http://www.object404.com

        --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, Dan Milward <dan@...> wrote:

        > Hey Guys,
        >
        > A friend of mine just tested "jungle_jam_lite.swf" on his N93 and
        we got
        > a Content 3 error.
        >
        > I was wondering if anybody else with that phone or any other S60
        3rd
        > addition phone could test this for me and report back any bugs.
        >
        > Also. I have attached another little demo game made using the Game
        > Creator. It is a little remake of 1942. It needs a lot of work
        still but
        > I just wanted to prove that these sorts of shooting games will work
        okay
        > and they do...
        >
        > Ciao,
        >
        > Dan

      • leocrawf stewart
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 16, 2008
          I am also seeing this is the output panel:

          Connected to http://www.someurl/contestants.php.
          Loaded data from http://www.someurl/contestants.php.
          Finished request for http://www.someurl/contestants.php.
          _level0 // this is the output of trace(this.ref);

          i am however still not seeing anything in my dynamic txt fields

          On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 6:18 PM, leocrawf stewart <leocrawf@...> wrote:
          Hello you all i am trying to load dynamic data into a flashlite 2 movie with the following code:

          myData = new LoadVars()
                  myData.ref = this
                  myData.load("http://someurl.com/contestants.php")
                  myData.onLoad = function(succes){
                      if(succes){
                          for(var i=0; i<this.cant; i++){
                              this.ref["nameTxt_"+i].text = this["fname"+i]
                              this.ref["songTxt_"+i].text = this["song"+i]

                          }
                      } else trace("Error loading data")
                  }

                 this is what i see in the dynamic text field and i get no error message
              _level0.nameTxt_1
             _level0.nameTxt_2
               level0.songTxt_1
               level0.songTxt_2

          can anyone help me please. Thank you.

          --
          "...men are that they might have joy."
          Nephi

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 16, 2008
              Hi Naz,

              Thanks for this!!! Are you a Flash Lite developer?

              Ciao,

              Dan

              naz wrote:

              > Hi Dan!
              >
              > Am using the same dev phone, N93.
              >
              > Can you re-send the SWFs to this e-mail address please?
              >
              > I'm subscribed to the yahoo group in "digest mode", so all
              > attachments get stripped from the daily email digest I receive.
              >
              > -Naz
              > http://www.object404.com <http://www.object404.com>
              >
              > --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FlashLite%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > Dan Milward <dan@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hey Guys,
              > >
              > > A friend of mine just tested "jungle_jam_lite.swf" on his N93 and
              > we got
              > > a Content 3 error.
              > >
              > > I was wondering if anybody else with that phone or any other S60
              > 3rd
              > > addition phone could test this for me and report back any bugs.
              > >
              > > Also. I have attached another little demo game made using the Game
              > > Creator. It is a little remake of 1942. It needs a lot of work
              > still but
              > > I just wanted to prove that these sorts of shooting games will work
              > okay
              > > and they do...
              > >
              > > Ciao,
              > >
              > > Dan

            • Andrew Frost
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 17, 2008

                Hi

                Your jungle_jam_lite.swf has been published for Flash 9, that won’t work with Flash Lite…

                Check that fourth byte!

                The version of 1942 is nice but I keep getting shot by the first big plane that comes along!!

                cheers

                   Andrew

                A friend of mine just tested "jungle_jam_lite.swf" on his N93 and we got
                a Content 3 error.

                I was wondering if anybody else with that phone or any other S60 3rd
                addition phone could test this for me and report back any bugs.

                Also. I have attached another little demo game made using the Game
                Creator. It is a little remake of 1942. It needs a lot of work still but
                I just wanted to prove that these sorts of shooting games will work okay
                and they do...

                Ciao,

                Dan

                Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily the company.

                This email and any files transmitted with it,including replies and forwarded copies (which may contain alterations)

                subsequently transmitted from the company, are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient.

                If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received

                this email in error and that any use is strictly prohibited.

                If you have received this email in error please notify the IT Dept. via email to IT.Helpdesk@..., including a copy of the message. Please then delete this email and destroy any copies of it.

                Company name: Teleca Limited

                Registration number: 2773878

                Place of registration: Companies House, Cardiff, UK

                Registered address: 137 Barlow Moor Road, Didsbury, Manchester M20 2PW, UK.