Re: JPEG not displaying FL2 on Nokia 3500

  • i_craigmile
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2008
      Hi Paul

      The jpg file is 7171 bytes (on the server).

      Thanks for the tip on the dynamic heap size.

      Ian

      --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, Paul Lamonby <paul@...> wrote:

      > How big in file size are the jpgs? Flash Lite uses uncompressed
      image sizes, so a 50Kb jpg could be 1500Kb uncompressed. If pngs are
      working, then I must assume its the file size of the jpg, because pngs
      are already uncompressed.

      > In device central, it says the Nokia3500 only has 960Kb of dynamic
      heap memory, I feel jpgs are just too much for it to handle.

      > Paul
      >

      > i_craigmile wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi
      > >
      > > I have some (non-progressive) jpegs that I am trying to load from a
      > > server into a FL2 application on the Nokia 3500.
      > >
      > > The jpegs are not progressive and the application works in the CS3
      > > device emulator for the Nokia 3500.
      > >
      > > On the actual device, the jpegs will not display. However, PNG's and
      > > SWF's loaded from the server will display.
      > >
      > > Has anyone got any jpegs to load from a server? I am wondering id
      > > there is something that I need to do to the jpeg (it was created from
      > > photoshop).
      > >
      > > The same application works fine on FlashLite for Nokia 6120, 6267 and
      > > Sony Ericsson W910i.
      > >
      > > Any ideas are very welcome.

    • Dan Milward
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 11, 2008
        Hello everybody.

        We have a Flash Lite game of rock, paper, scissors.

        Currently you play just one game at a time - either you win or loose.

        We want to make it so that you have five throws before you win or loose
        a round. So the game logic exists - so this job should be a matter of
        adding the rounds and changing the graphics.

        Is there anybody out there interested in doing this work? Please email me...

        Ciao,

        Dan