Re: [FlashLite] Dynamic font embed problem on mac

  • Bill Perry
    Message 1 of 6 , May 12, 2008
      Re: [FlashLite] Dynamic font embed problem on mac Hi Darren,

      Can you forward me off-list the email you received from the person at Adobe so I can follow-up on this issue?

      Thanks,
      Bill

      On 5/12/08 7:50 AM, "Darren Osadchuk" <darren@...> wrote:

      Hi Ugur,

      Chances are you're not missing anything - others have encountered this
      problem. Ryan Unger has experienced it, and I posted a message about
      this very same problem to this list a couple of months ago.

      My specific problem is that embedded fonts don't show up when I publish
      for Flash Lite 1.1 on my Mac. If I publish the exact same file as a FL2+
      file, the embedding works properly. If I open the fla in Flash 8 on my
      Mac, the embedding works fine. If I take the same fla over to either of
      my PCs, the embedded fonts show up properly.

      I posted a bug report about this problem to Adobe. This was probably
      about two months ago. A couple weeks later I was contacted by somebody,
      explained the situation, and have heard absolutely nothing about it
      since then. I assume that because this is a somewhat rare problem, they
      opened the file I sent them on a Mac, it published fine, and so the bug
      was dismissed since they could not reproduce it.

      This has proven to be a huge pain for me, workflow-wise, especially as
      I'm spending about 90% of my Flash Lite time coding for 1.1 right now.
      Having to keep Flash 8 installed on my Mac, and having to remember that
      when I'm finished working on something I need to save as Flash 8, open
      in Flash 8, and publish from Flash 8 just so that the fonts show up, is
      not the height of efficiency.

      I would like to think that this bug will be fixed in subsequent versions
      of Flash, but the (lack of) response I received from my bug report does
      not leave me optimistic.

      Darren

      Ugur Kaner wrote:
      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > I have a problem with Flash CS3 on Mac (might be because I am a Mac newbie).
      >
      > In theory, we should embed dynamic text field fonts to display them
      > correctly on device (unless they are device fonts). When I do that on
      > Windows, everything works fine. But on Mac, when I embed the font, it
      > doesn't show up neither on ADC, nor on device. Surely when I don't
      > embed, it's replaced by device fonts.
      >
      > Any ideas? Or do I miss a point?
      >
      > cheers,
      >
      > Ugur.-

    • Darren Osadchuk
      Message 2 of 6 , May 12, 2008
        Hey Bill,

        Just forwarded the entire correspondence to you; let me know if you
        don't receive it.

        Thanks!
        Darren

      • Bill Perry
        Message 3 of 6 , May 12, 2008
          Re: [FlashLite] Dynamic font embed problem on mac Got it, thanks.