Re: [FlashLite] Dynamic font embed problem on mac

  • Oktavianus Ludiro
    Message 1 of 6 , May 12 7:54 AM
      Is it a true type fonts ?
      I did a project that embeding font but it's in flex.
      And It can only embed true type fonts.
      Maybe s the same case with flash lite ?

      Oki

      On 5/12/08, Ugur Kaner <ugur@...> wrote:
      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > I have a problem with Flash CS3 on Mac (might be because I am a Mac newbie).
      >
      > In theory, we should embed dynamic text field fonts to display them
      > correctly on device (unless they are device fonts). When I do that on
      > Windows, everything works fine. But on Mac, when I embed the font, it
      > doesn't show up neither on ADC, nor on device. Surely when I don't
      > embed, it's replaced by device fonts.
      >
      > Any ideas? Or do I miss a point?
      >
      > cheers,
      >
      > Ugur.-

      - OQ -
      oludiro@...

      01001100 01101111
      01110110 01100101
      00100000 01010011
      01101111 01100110
      01101001 01100101
    • Bill Perry
      Message 2 of 6 , May 12 8:07 AM
        Re: [FlashLite] Dynamic font embed problem on mac Hi Darren,

        Can you forward me off-list the email you received from the person at Adobe so I can follow-up on this issue?

        Thanks,
        Bill

        On 5/12/08 7:50 AM, "Darren Osadchuk" <darren@...> wrote:

        Hi Ugur,

        Chances are you're not missing anything - others have encountered this
        problem. Ryan Unger has experienced it, and I posted a message about
        this very same problem to this list a couple of months ago.

        My specific problem is that embedded fonts don't show up when I publish
        for Flash Lite 1.1 on my Mac. If I publish the exact same file as a FL2+
        file, the embedding works properly. If I open the fla in Flash 8 on my
        Mac, the embedding works fine. If I take the same fla over to either of
        my PCs, the embedded fonts show up properly.

        I posted a bug report about this problem to Adobe. This was probably
        about two months ago. A couple weeks later I was contacted by somebody,
        explained the situation, and have heard absolutely nothing about it
        since then. I assume that because this is a somewhat rare problem, they
        opened the file I sent them on a Mac, it published fine, and so the bug
        was dismissed since they could not reproduce it.

        This has proven to be a huge pain for me, workflow-wise, especially as
        I'm spending about 90% of my Flash Lite time coding for 1.1 right now.
        Having to keep Flash 8 installed on my Mac, and having to remember that
        when I'm finished working on something I need to save as Flash 8, open
        in Flash 8, and publish from Flash 8 just so that the fonts show up, is
        not the height of efficiency.

        I would like to think that this bug will be fixed in subsequent versions
        of Flash, but the (lack of) response I received from my bug report does
        not leave me optimistic.

        Darren

        Ugur Kaner wrote:
        > Hi everyone,
        >
        > I have a problem with Flash CS3 on Mac (might be because I am a Mac newbie).
        >
        > In theory, we should embed dynamic text field fonts to display them
        > correctly on device (unless they are device fonts). When I do that on
        > Windows, everything works fine. But on Mac, when I embed the font, it
        > doesn't show up neither on ADC, nor on device. Surely when I don't
        > embed, it's replaced by device fonts.
        >
        > Any ideas? Or do I miss a point?
        >
        > cheers,
        >
        > Ugur.-

      • Darren Osadchuk
        Message 3 of 6 , May 12 8:14 AM
          Hey Bill,

          Just forwarded the entire correspondence to you; let me know if you
          don't receive it.

          Thanks!
          Darren

        • Bill Perry
          Message 4 of 6 , May 12 8:15 AM
            Re: [FlashLite] Dynamic font embed problem on mac Got it, thanks.