Seeking advice on approaching a business regarding Flash Lite work

  • Hayden Porter
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2008
      I am looking for advice on how to approach a business about converting
      some of their existing content into a format compatible with mobile
      devices, preferably Flash lite.

      The business is a book publisher with certain types of print content
      that I think would work well on mobile. The content is education
      oriented small pocket sized books of individual cards. The small
      formatting could translate well to small screen display and the notion
      that a user can put the cards in any order corresponds to random
      access of digital information.

      They do not seem to have any mobile or even digital versions of this
      content. I have no previous contacts with the business and do not
      live in the same geographic location. This is a "cold call" situation
      with a company in North America that is print oriented not digital.

      I assume I have to sell the idea of mobile as a relevant platform for
      their content. The publisher probably knows nothing of mobile
      distribution. So, I may need to provide some information about this
      too, but not sure how much.

      This reminds me of trying to sell web sites 10 - 12 years ago. People
      did not yet appreciate the medium and you had to sell the medium in
      addition to your own qualifications. Is this the case with Flash Lite
      and mobile?

      Any thoughts are much appreciated.