Re: [FlashLite] power-hungry flash lite apps

  • vivek
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2008
      Flash ringtone will be great Ugur :)
      Love to see that . .

      Cheers
      vivek
      www.i2fly.com
      www.blog.i2fly.com

      Ugur Kaner <ugur@...> wrote:
      Hi Naz,

      Thanks for sharing your experience!

      Your guess is right, it ran all night and drained your battery. Some
      screensavers on KISS60 are marked as 'Battery Friendly' (check Rick's
      World), some of them are not. We highly recommend screensaver designers
      to stop their movies after ~10 seconds to avoid such problems, but
      that's not always possible for some types (i.e clock). Due this
      situation is not controlled by KISS60, it's a Flash Lite side design
      issue. In general case power saver pops up and usually stops Flash Lite
      player, but I guess in your case this didn't happen. I also remember in
      Series 40, some screensavers stop, some don't.

      It's same for start-up. Due such a feature requires Symbian Signed, we
      didn't include that in Beta release. Once everything is tested well, we
      will bring that on.

      We are also planning to add Flash Ringtone capability in next releases.
      We thought it would be interesting :)

      Best,

      Ugur.-