playyoo: play qTile and you can get source code for *free*

  • manninenpasi
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2008

      playyoo Flash Lite Game Contest is now almost closed for new games,
      but there are still two weeks time left to download and play games
      which are already submitted to the contest.

      So it is time to make a new announce about qTile:

      I will give source code of qTile to everyone who has downloaded
      qTile from playyoo and played some score to qTile's *highscore* list.

      Yes you can get it now very easily:
      - go to www.playyoo.com
      - create an account and log in playyoo, activate account from email
      - search qTile from playyoo
      - hover mouse over the game icon and choose Add to favourities
      - with your mobile browser go to address: http://m.playyoo.com
      - log in playyoo with your login name and password
      - select: show only favourities
      - browse qTile, download and play
      - submit your score to highscore list and rate game
      - and finally *send email* to me and *request* to get source code, I
      will start sending sources at March 1st, 2008.
      (you can find my email address)

      Why you should play and leave score?

      There is a lot of work done with qTile and it is good start to learn
      Flash Lite 2.0 programming. If you are already familiar with AS 2.0,
      maybe there are some tricks what might be useful to check out.

      A few things about programming qTile:
      - 600 lines nice AS 2.0 code with comments
      - mobile key event handling with objects
      - own made collision detection system with dynamic joining movieclips
      - rotating movieclips with collision system to new tile or game area
      - frame rate based game speed with timer/delay to speed up game (levels)
      - game pause/resume functionality
      - and lots of more...

      Works to do:
      - only few colors first, you can get qTiles quickly (four blocks)
      - levels: more color and more speed
      - skip tile if played doesnt want to join it to base
      - sound or graphics highlite when tile is joined to base and when base
      cannot rotate
      - graphics and musics
      - yes, new version will be available soon after contest is closed

      I have put a lot of sources available to my blog, source of qTile will
      be available only this way and only two weeks now.

      Yep - play,leave highscore and source of qTile is yours!

      Thanks!

      Br,
      Pasi Manninen
      http://ptm.fi