RE: [FlashLite] Re: Internet connection warning message on Nokia S60 FP3; FL2.0

  • Mark Doherty
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 11, 2008
      Hi Ian,

      It sounds like you should try and get this bug tested by Nokia.

      http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=172

      Good luck!

      Mark

      ________________________________
      > To: FlashLite@yahoogroups.com
      > From: i_craigmile@...
      > Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 00:06:49 +0000
      > Subject: [FlashLite] Re: Internet connection warning message on Nokia S60 FP3; FL2.0
      >

      > Thankyou for the tip. The documentation was not too clear on
      > cancelling a MovieClip load, but after closer examination it is there.
      >
      > However, I have found that in my case, the popup message:
      > -------------------------
      >> Internet:
      >> Unable to connect to
      >> network. Try again later
      >> -------------------------
      >> OK..................Close
      >
      > is not related to removing the holder clip before a load has completed
      > (I wrote some test programs to verify this).
      >
      > I still get the popup message randomly on S60 FP3...Nokia 6120c.
      >
      > I can't find any documentation on this message. It seems the flash
      > lite player does randomly lose internet connection?
      >
      > Has anyone debugged this problem before?
      >
      > Many Thanks, Ian
      > --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com
      Telly addicts unite!
      http://www.searchgamesbox.com/tvtown.shtml
    • Mark Doherty
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 13, 2008

        Hi Ian,

        It sounds like you need to create a solid test case for this.  You should remove your application from the equation and knock up a simple swf that connects to the network and run that.  If the error is still present then this could be a bug in the port of Flash Lite to that device.

        We do know that the N95 North America version suffered network problems because of a change in the GPRS stack, it could be that this device has the same problem.  let us know if you find out anything more.

        Mark

        To: FlashLite@yahoogroups.com
        From: i_craigmile@...
        Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 00:06:49 +0000
        Subject: [FlashLite] Re: Internet connection warning message on Nokia S60 FP3; FL2.0

        ------------ --------- ----

        --- In FlashLite@yahoogrou ps.com, "i_craigmile" <i_craigmile@ ...> wrote:

        > Hello All,
        >
        > I have developed a Flash Lite 2.x application that accesses the
        > internet extensively for images.
        >
        > I have tested it successfully on a number of handsets. However, on the
        > 6120c (S60 FP3 running FL2.0) I sometimes get a warning message:
        >
        > ------------ --------- ----
        > Internet:
        > Unable to connect to
        > network. Try again later
        > ------------ --------- ----
        > OK Close
        >
        > This NEVER happens on S40 Nokia 6267 or S40 6500 Classic or on Windows
        > Mobile 5 (Maybe its because these run FL2.1 instead of FL2.0). I am
        > using the same SIM card in all test phones, so the carrier etc are
        > exactly the same.
        >
        > The message pops up pretty randomly, and I am sure the internet
        > connection is actually OK (because the application continues to access
        > the internet fine when I press OK on the message).
        >
        > I have 2 theories about when the message appears:
        > 1) when the internet accesses happen in quick succession
        > 2) when a loaded movie is deleted before an internet request gets time
        > to complete.
        >
        > Has anyone overcome this problem before?
        >
        > Thanks, Ian

        Messenger on the move. Text MSN to 63463 now!
      • i_craigmile
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 17, 2008
          I have done more work on this and written some test programs to
          diagnose the problem.

          The problem does happen when a movie clip holder is removed before
          movie content is loaded into the holder with a MovieClipLoader.

          In AS2 the MovieClipLoader.unloadClip() method sometimes cancels the
          load (prevents the popup message) and sometimes doesn't. It seems to
          be a timing issue (one theory is that the load will only cancel if an
          onLoadStart event has been received).

          To get around this I had to wait for an onLoadInit event before
          deleting a holder.

          Again, this is only on S60 (not S40).

          Thanks for the help, Ian