Create a Flash Widget and get an N95 8GB

  • riku.salminen@nokia.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 9, 2007
      Create a Flash Widget and get an N95 8GB

      Hi all

      I decided to run a small competition for Flash Lite group members only ;o)
      The prize is a brand new N95 8GB handset.
      All you have to do is to use the instructions at http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/How_to_package_Flash_content_in_a_Widget

      You can take something you've made earlier or create some cool Flash Lite content and package it into a WRT widget, post it on MOSH and tag it as 'widget' before the end of this year and you're in!

      The only requirement is, that you have to have the legal rights to publish the Flash Lite content.

      We'll test them all and all working widgets will enter a draw, plus there's one extra phone for the one that really stands out!

      If you have any questions about te WRT, please send them to widget.support@... or comment on the Wiki page.
      Any questions about the competition you ask me on this group ;o)

      Cheers
      -Riku

    • Fernando Jorge Teixeira
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 10, 2007

        Hi Riku,

        The WRT is a specification from S60 3rd FP2 and there is no device on the market to test it. Is possible to install the WRT in a S60 3rd FP1 mobile, like a N95 to test it in a real device?

        Fernando

        If you have any questions about te WRT, please send them to widget.support@ nokia.com or comment on the Wiki page.

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 10, 2007
          Unfortunately not yet. You can use the Remote Device Access for testing. I'll make sure the members of this list are the first ones to get access to the software update as soon as it is available ;o)

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 11, 2007

            I haven´t been using the RDA for a while. I´d like to test some little
            widget now and I am encountering some problems: The RDA won´t start
            and i get a message
            "Failed to launch Remote Device Access because of null"
            both in Safari and Firefox.
            I am using a PPC mac, The Java runtime is configured to use J2SE 5.0
            which should be ok for the Java webstart.

            Any ideas? Thanks

            Pablo

            --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, <riku.salminen@...> wrote:

            > Unfortunately not yet. You can use the Remote Device Access for
            testing. I'll make sure the members of this list are the first ones to
            get access to the software update as soon as it is available ;o)
            > -Riku
            >

            > ________________________________

            On Behalf Of ext Fernando Jorge Teixeira

            On Behalf Of riku.salminen@...
            > Sent: domingo, 9 de Dezembro de 2007 21:49
            > Subject: [FlashLite] Create a Flash Widget and get an N95 8GB
            >

            > Hi all
            >
            > I decided to run a small competition for Flash Lite group members
            only ;o)
            > The prize is a brand new N95 8GB handset.
            > All you have to do is to use the instructions at
            http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/How_to_package_Flash_content_in_a_Widget
            <http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/How_to_package_Flash_content_in_a_Widget>

            > You can take something you've made earlier or create some cool
            Flash Lite content and package it into a WRT widget, post it on MOSH
            and tag it as 'widget' before the end of this year and you're in!

            > The only requirement is, that you have to have the legal rights to
            publish the Flash Lite content.

            > We'll test them all and all working widgets will enter a draw, plus
            there's one extra phone for the one that really stands out!

            > If you have any questions about te WRT, please send them to
            widget.support@... or comment on the Wiki page.
            > Any questions about the competition you ask me on this group ;o)
            >
            > Cheers
            > -Riku

          • Nick Gerig
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 11, 2007

              >Unfortunately not yet. You can use the Remote Device Access for testing. I'll make sure the members of >this list are the first ones to get access to the software update as soon as it is available ;o)

              Nice, that would be a great change, say no more ;)

              Cheers

              Nick

            • riku.salminen@nokia.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 12, 2007
                I tried. the service is up and running.
                I'll forward your issue a.s.a.p. and let you know if there's a solution.
                Meanwhile, I have no other immediate solution than to try again  ;o)
                Please let me know if it magickly starts working...
                -R

                I haven´t been using the RDA for a while. I´d like to test some little
                widget now and I am encountering some problems: The RDA won´t start
                and i get a message
                "Failed to launch Remote Device Access because of null"
                both in Safari and Firefox.
                I am using a PPC mac, The Java runtime is configured to use J2SE 5.0
                which should be ok for the Java webstart.

                Any ideas? Thanks

                Pablo

                --- In FlashLite@yahoogrou ps.com, <riku.salminen@ ...> wrote:

                > Unfortunately not yet. You can use the Remote Device Access for
                testing. I'll make sure the members of this list are the first ones to
                get access to the software update as soon as it is available ;o)
                > -Riku
                >

                > ____________ _________ _________ __

              • stor_fisk
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 12, 2007
                  Kiitos Riku,

                  It must be some java config problem in my macs (g5 and pwbG4). I will
                  investigate on.
                  I tried the RDA from Ubuntu Linux firefox and worked ok.
                  I could try my little widget and it I must say it is easy and fun!
                  It will be be nice when you can also use svg icons.
                  I hope I can submit some nice widgets before the end of the year!

                  Cheers, Pablo

                  --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, <riku.salminen@...> wrote:

                  > I tried. the service is up and running.
                  > I'll forward your issue a.s.a.p. and let you know if there's a solution.
                  > Meanwhile, I have no other immediate solution than to try again ;o)
                  > Please let me know if it magickly starts working...
                  > -R

                  On Behalf Of ext stor_fisk

                • riku.salminen@nokia.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 2, 2008
                    Create a Flash Widget and get an N95 8GB

                    Hi all,

                    It's time to make good on my promise ;o)
                    Please send me a link to the Flash-inside-widget you created and I will try them out and announce the winner ;o)
                    -Riku