Flash Lite 2.x and RSS feeds

  • Hayden Porter
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 20, 2007
      I am considering a project involving RSS news feeds and Flash Lite
      2.x. The Flash Lite client will pull news feeds from many different
      sources.

      In your experience, does Flash Lite typically manage RSS news feeds
      without memory or performance problems, or does it just depend upon
      the RSS feed?

      Hayden
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 20, 2007
        Ciao Hayden,

        I have done work with RSS and it's pretty simple, here some infos:

        FL1.1: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/devices/articles/flashlite11_rss.html
        FL2.0: https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/_a227210/p34253504/

        The main thing is to have a proxy to parse the RSS and deliver only the content that you need to the phone, so not extra charges and extra data.

        Alessandro

        --
        Alessandro Pace
        Mobile Architect
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 20, 2007
          thanks for this information.

          Hayden

          > Ciao Hayden,
          >
          > I have done work with RSS and it's pretty simple, here some infos:
          >
          > FL1.1: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/devices/articles/flashlite11_rss.html
          > FL2.0: https://admin.adobe.acrobat.com/_a227210/p34253504/
          >
          > The main thing is to have a proxy to parse the RSS and deliver only the
          > content that you need to the phone, so not extra charges and extra data.
          >
          > Alessandro
          >

          > On 9/20/07, Hayden Porter <lists@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I am considering a project involving RSS news feeds and Flash Lite
          > > 2.x. The Flash Lite client will pull news feeds from many different
          > > sources.
          > >
          > > In your experience, does Flash Lite typically manage RSS news feeds
          > > without memory or performance problems, or does it just depend upon
          > > the RSS feed?
          > >
          > > Hayden
          > >

          > --
          > Alessandro Pace
          > Mobile Architect
          > Blog: www.biskero.org
          > Site: www.biskero.com
          > Email: biskero@...
          > Skype: biskero
          > LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/biskero
          > Forum Nokia Champion
          > Adobe Community Expert Mobile
          > Manager of the Boston Adobe Mobile and Devices User Group:
          > www.flashmobilegroup.org
          > Co-Founder of Mobile Monday Boston www.momoboston.com

        • Nick Gerig
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 20, 2007
            if you are going to parse it then you might aswell use SWX.

            FL really chokes on parsing any XML.

            cheers

            Nick