RE: [FlashLite] OT : Windows Vista vs. XP

  • chall3ng3r
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 2 1:06 PM

      Just wanted to add some of my experience of Vista. I installed it on my main development machine as primary OS. It was slow to boot, and to work with. I noticed even it takes sec in exploring local HD folders. At that time I have P4 2.4GHz with 1GB ram. There’re some incompatibilities with old applications and development tools and SDKs, such as S60 3rd Ed SDK did not compile release binaries.

      So, if you’re going to use your machine for any type of development, you should stick to XP, as I did :D

      I also get some hints about SP1 of Vista. i have plans to install Vista as secondary OS on my other partition so I can do some R’nD and get used to it.

      Best,

      // chall3ng3r //