Re: [FlashLite] Re: Johnnie Walker Flash Lite Application for Singapore

  • cisnky
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 16, 2007
      Thanks for the technical background information. Just one more question :) When a user launches the application do they need to launch the server first and then the Flash app or is it one launch?

      On 7/16/07, Stefan Wessels <stefan@...> wrote:

      The FL application communicates with the back-end via http/https with
      a local server written in Symbian. All advanced logic and actions are
      handled within the Symbian application. Temporary text files are used
      for variable storage while the application installs the Symbian back
      end applications.

      Security wise, very little sensitive data is stored on the device. If
      so it is encrypted within a custom coded Symbian database, bit of
      overkill but needed to keep up to legal privacy standards!

      Before we started we didn't know about SWX, but will use a lot more of
      that in the future!

      Stefan

      --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, cisnky <cisnky@...> wrote:

      > Can you tell us a bit more about the backend and how the application
      > interfaced with the phone and what security issues did you experience?
      >
      > Thanks.

    • Aral Balkan
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 16, 2007
        Hi Stefan,
        > Before we started we didn't know about SWX, but will use a lot more of > that in the future!
        Coolness. Do let me know how you get on and feel free to contact me directly (or join the SWX mailing list) if you need support at all.Take care, Aral

      • Timothy Erdmann
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 16, 2007
          Interesting demo. What version of Flash Lite was this built in - and
          does it utilize any non-FlashLite phone functionality?
        • Stefan Wessels
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 17, 2007
            First of all thanks for everyone's feedback!

            The Symbian server and FL player gets launched at the same time. The
            Flash Lite can also be hidden to allow the Symbian server to run
            silently in the background.

            The application was initially built in Flash Lite 1.1 but is now
            deployed for Flash Lite 2.1 - as to any extra technology we are using
            except Symbian, this we can hopefully tell you about once the
            application has been released.

            Aral thanks so much, I have been wanting to mail you for a long time,
            even sent you some things through your bunny!

            Stefan
          • cisnky