Re: [FlashLite] SVG inside Flash Lite

  • Weyert de Boer
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 13, 2007
      Stefan Wessels wrote:

      > Hi Everyone!
      >
      > This might be a stupid question, but has anyone tried to bring SVG
      > into Flash Lite? Adobe has been talking a lot about SVG being
      > supported, but has anyone used SVG inside their Flash Lite
      > applications? Examples anywhere?
      >
      > Been looking at this http://www.tricastmedia.com/v1/twuik.php
      > <http://www.tricastmedia.com/v1/twuik.php> - been
      > loving SVG lately!

      Yes, SVG is interesting. The demo app on their site is using Flash,
      though ;)
    • Stefan Wessels
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 13, 2007
        The reason for this is that we are working with a mapping provider that
        generates maps in SVG. So supposedly if we can convert these SVG to
        SVG-t then we can just bring them into Flash Lite - but I know that just
        because something is supposed to be supported, it might not actually
        working!

        Any info would be extremely awesome!

        --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, Weyert de Boer <wdb@...> wrote:

        > Stefan Wessels wrote:
        > >

        > > Hi Everyone!
        > >
        > > This might be a stupid question, but has anyone tried to bring SVG
        > > into Flash Lite? Adobe has been talking a lot about SVG being
        > > supported, but has anyone used SVG inside their Flash Lite
        > > applications? Examples anywhere?
        > >
        > > Been looking at this http://www.tricastmedia.com/v1/twuik.php
        > > <http://www.tricastmedia.com/v1/twuik.php> - been
        > > loving SVG lately!
        >

        > Yes, SVG is interesting. The demo app on their site is using Flash,
        > though ;)

      • Weyert de Boer
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 13, 2007
          You might want to convert the SVG files to images, instead. :-)
        • Stefan Wessels
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 14, 2007
            Haha yes, sure I can solve the problem that way, but what is Adobe
            talking about when they say SVG support - it's supposed to work right?

            I'll try post this on the Adobe forums too, see what they come up with!

            Thanks!

            Stefan
            --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, Weyert de Boer <wdb@...> wrote:

            > You might want to convert the SVG files to images, instead. :-)

          • Chris Browne
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 14, 2007
              Hey,

              If your not planning on scaling the svg's if might be better to convert them to images as image require less processing and if your dealing with maps you should be able to only use a few colors so the file size wont be huge (still gonna be bigger than vectors though :))

              Chris

              On 14 Jun 2007, at 11:15, Stefan Wessels wrote:

              Haha yes, sure I can solve the problem that way, but what is Adobe
              talking about when they say SVG support - it's supposed to work right?

              I'll try post this on the Adobe forums too, see what they come up with!

              Thanks!

              Stefan
              --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, Weyert de Boer <wdb@...> wrote:

              > You might want to convert the SVG files to images, instead. :-)

              Chris Browne  chris.browne@...
              45 Fouberts Place
              London W1F 7QH

              T +44 (0)20 7025 6000

            • chall3ng3r
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 14, 2007

                As of my findings, Svg lib is not packaged with FL1.x nor 2.x. It was only available with FlashCast client (not sure of it, but I got word on it from a friend), I haven't seen any demo FC app yet, so I'm not sure how it works on FC.

                I tried svg with FL1.x and 2.x with no luck.

                // chall3ng3r //

                Haha yes, sure I can solve the problem that way, but what is Adobe
                talking about when they say SVG support - it's supposed to work right?

                I'll try post this on the Adobe forums too, see what they come up with!

                Thanks!

                Stefan
                --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, Weyert de Boer <wdb@...> wrote:

                > You might want to convert the SVG files to images, instead. :-)

              • Nick Gerig
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 14, 2007
                  SVG is a supported library but of course that means in isn't necessarily
                  even implemented in OEM specific implementations. I think SE and Nokia
                  use their own SVG implementations (players) for SVG content.

                  Also I think it refers to the ability of FL to playback SVG files only
                  not use them within swf files.

                  I think there are a few SVG to SWF and back programs out there - that
                  might be your best bet.

                  Cheers

                  Nick

                  Stefan Wessels wrote:

                  > Hi Everyone!
                  >
                  > This might be a stupid question, but has anyone tried to bring SVG
                  > into Flash Lite? Adobe has been talking a lot about SVG being
                  > supported, but has anyone used SVG inside their Flash Lite
                  > applications? Examples anywhere?
                  >
                  > Been looking at this http://www.tricastmedia.com/v1/twuik.php
                  > <http://www.tricastmedia.com/v1/twuik.php> - been
                  > loving SVG lately!
                  >
                  > Have a cool day!
                  >
                  > Stefan

                • Chris Browne
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 15, 2007
                    You might be able to do a batch automation to convert SVG to SWF in illustrator

                    Stefan Wessels wrote:

                    > Hi Everyone!
                    >
                    > This might be a stupid question, but has anyone tried to bring SVG
                    > into Flash Lite? Adobe has been talking a lot about SVG being
                    > supported, but has anyone used SVG inside their Flash Lite
                    > applications? Examples anywhere?
                    >
                    > Been looking at this http://www.tricastmedia.com/v1/twuik.php
                    > <http://www.tricastmedia.com/v1/twuik.php> - been
                    > loving SVG lately!