Duplicating a movie clip to another movie clip.

  • ivansebastiansurya
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      How is everyone doing? I hope everyone is having fun programming in
      Flash.

      I have a question regarding copying a movie clip. Is it possible for
      us to create a copy of a movie clip and put it in another movie clip?

      For example, if I have a movie clip called "a_mc" in my main movie.
      Another movie clip in my main movie, say "b_mc" needs a copy
      of "a_mc" and place it in "c_mc", i.e. another movie clip
      inside "b_mc".

      So here is the hypothetical structure:

      main movie contains "a_mc" and "b_mc".
      "b_mc" contains "c_mc".

      B needs to copy "a_mc", a movie clip from its parent movie
      onto "c_mc".

      Is there a way to do it in Flash?

      I tried using (in "b_mc"):
      duplicateMovieClip("../a_mc", "b_mc/c_mc",0), but it doesn't work.

      Thanks.

      Ivan.