Re: [FlashLite] text in flashlite2

  • Jesse Warden
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2006
      1. make a text field on the stage
      2. give it an instance name of "my_txt"
      3. put this code on a new layer, same frame

      lv = new LoadVars();
      lv.owner = this;
      lv.onData = function(str)
      {
         this.owner.my_txt.text = str;
      };
      lv.load("my.txt");

      On 12/29/06, gilkahanagil <gilkahana@... > wrote:

      Hello,
      I am trying to figure out what is the best way for displaying dynamic text in flashlite2.
      Is it possible to load txt file into a text field?
      Is there a better way?
      Thanks,
      Gil

    • gilkahanagil
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
        Thank you Jesse!
        Is there a way to include css to flashlite text?
        Gil

        --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, "Jesse Warden" <jesse.warden@...> wrote:

        > 1. make a text field on the stage
        > 2. give it an instance name of "my_txt"
        > 3. put this code on a new layer, same frame
        >
        > lv = new LoadVars();
        > lv.owner = this;
        > lv.onData = function(str)
        > {
        > this.owner.my_txt.text = str;
        > };
        > lv.load("my.txt");
        >
        > On 12/29/06, gilkahanagil <gilkahana@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello,
        > > I am trying to figure out what is the best way for displaying dynamic text
        > > in flashlite2.
        > > Is it possible to load txt file into a text field?
        > > Is there a better way?
        > > Thanks,
        > > Gil

      • Jesse Warden
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
          HTML, yes, CSS, no.  The StyleSheet class, aka, the styleSheet property of TextField, isn't supported in Flash Lite 2.