Nokia N73 - good upgrade from Nokia 6680?

  • pauland2513
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 29, 2006
      Nokia N73 - good upgrade from Nokia 6680?

      Contract about to end, so looking at possibilities after the 6680.

      Paul
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 29, 2006
        Ciao Paul,

        everyone who has a N73 always talk about it in a positive way.
        Just read some reviews so you can get an idea.

        Alessandro

        On 12/29/06, pauland2513 <paul@...> wrote:

        Nokia N73 - good upgrade from Nokia 6680?

        Contract about to end, so looking at possibilities after the 6680.

        Paul

      • Pär Lindhe
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 29, 2006
          Replying from one now. Great camera and funcs. Downers: separated wap
          and xhtml browser. Somewhat slow interfaces.

          On 12/29/06, Alessandro Pace <biskero@...> wrote:
          > Ciao Paul,
          >
          > everyone who has a N73 always talk about it in a positive way.
          > Just read some reviews so you can get an idea.
          >
          > Alessandro
          >
          > On 12/29/06, pauland2513 <paul@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Nokia N73 - good upgrade from Nokia 6680?
          > >
          > > Contract about to end, so looking at possibilities after the 6680.
          > >
          > > Paul

        • Paul Andrews
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 29, 2006
            OK, thanks guys - I've ordered one!

            Paul

            > Replying from one now. Great camera and funcs. Downers: separated wap
            > and xhtml browser. Somewhat slow interfaces.
            >
            > On 12/29/06, Alessandro Pace <biskero@...> wrote:
            > > Ciao Paul,
            > >
            > > everyone who has a N73 always talk about it in a positive way.
            > > Just read some reviews so you can get an idea.
            > >
            > > Alessandro
            > >
            > > On 12/29/06, pauland2513 <paul@...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Nokia N73 - good upgrade from Nokia 6680?
            > > >
            > > > Contract about to end, so looking at possibilities after the 6680.
            > > >
            > > > Paul
            > > >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Dave Yang
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 29, 2006
              That's what I did exactly: 6680 -> N73. Both are great for testing and
              development. Make sure you update the firmware to the latest as it fixes
              some bugs. In general, I find it more responsive than the 6680 and the photo
              quality is much better under good lighting. After using the N73 for a few
              months, I still think it's a great phone other than the fact that it does
              not have Wi-Fi.

              Dave Yang - Quantumwave Interactive Inc.
              http://quantumwave.com
              http://swfoo.com

              Replying from one now. Great camera and funcs. Downers: separated wap
              and xhtml browser. Somewhat slow interfaces.

              On 12/29/06, Alessandro Pace <biskero@...> wrote:
              > Ciao Paul,
              >
              > everyone who has a N73 always talk about it in a positive way.
              > Just read some reviews so you can get an idea.
              >
              > Alessandro
              >
              > On 12/29/06, pauland2513 <paul@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Nokia N73 - good upgrade from Nokia 6680?
              > >
              > > Contract about to end, so looking at possibilities after the 6680.
              > >
              > > Paul
            • Jermaine Anderson
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 30, 2006

                I've have a rather different experience with the N73.

                Had it since September - got a 1GB card for it -
                initially very good - recommended to friends. Several
                of us are finding it soooo slow.

                Everytime I run an app it takes forever to open up.
                The Camera being the most frustrating - by the time
                it's opened you've lost the moment to capture.

                Ok, I'm hardly being scientific here. But you get the
                picture. As a result I sometimes go back to using my
                6630.

                I'm interested to find out whether the firmware
                upgrade???

                Any help appreciated...

                JA

                --- Dave Yang <flashliteyahoo@...> wrote:

                > That's what I did exactly: 6680 -> N73. Both are
                > great for testing and
                > development. Make sure you update the firmware to
                > the latest as it fixes
                > some bugs. In general, I find it more responsive
                > than the 6680 and the photo
                > quality is much better under good lighting. After
                > using the N73 for a few
                > months, I still think it's a great phone other than
                > the fact that it does
                > not have Wi-Fi.
                >
                > Dave Yang - Quantumwave Interactive Inc.
                > http://quantumwave.com
                > http://swfoo.com

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Dave Yang
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 30, 2006
                  I wonder if you have a generic / unlocked N73, or one that was customized by
                  a wireless carrier. For me, I have an unlocked phone; going back to the 6680
                  feels slow. The firmware update definitely speed things up a bit too, and
                  got rid of the bug with deleting email from the server.

                  You can update your phone's firmware from here:
                  http://www.europe.nokia.com/softwareupdate