Flash Lite 2.1 Symbian version

  • Anita fn
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 5, 2006
      How do I know which symbian do I need to download for my cellphone?
      I have nokia 3230

      Thanks

    • Weyert de Boer
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 5, 2006
        Hi Anita,
        The Nokia 3230 is a Symbian S60 2nd edition mobile phone. You could try
        the one called flashlite2_1_symbian_s60V2_FP2.SIS
        Only that's for a Feature Pack 2 (FP2) phone instead of your FP1 phone.
        Let me know if it works.

        Yours,
        Weyert de Boer
      • Vignesh babu
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 5, 2006
          hi this is vignesh... i got some doubts in flashlite programming... can u help me clear tat??

          Anita fn <anitafn2005@...> wrote:

          never mind I found out my symbian version on nokia web site

        • Anita fn
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 6, 2006
            Hi Weyert,

            I downloaded that version and working like a charm.
            Thanks for your help.

            Anita

            Weyert de Boer <wdb@...> wrote:
            Hi Anita,
            The Nokia 3230 is a Symbian S60 2nd edition mobile phone. You could try
            the one called flashlite2_1_ symbian_s60V2_ FP2.SIS
            Only that's for a Feature Pack 2 (FP2) phone instead of your FP1 phone.
            Let me know if it works.

            Yours,
            Weyert de Boer

          • Vijayan Reddy
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 7, 2006

              Hi All,

              Alongside the Symbian release, the FlashLite 2.1 for Windows Mobile has been released as well.

              http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=flashlite2_1_winmobile_download

              Regards,

              Vijayan.

              Vijayan Reddy
              Quality Manager

              Adobe Systems Incorporated

              #5, Bannerghatta Road,

              Bangalore, KA 560 029 INDIA

              +91 80 5193 9625,   vrreddy@...

              http://www.adobe.com/mobile/

              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 8, 2006
                > Alongside the Symbian release, the FlashLite 2.1 for Windows Mobile
                > has been released as well.

                Why do we need FlashLite 2.1 for Windows Mobile, whet we have full
                FlashPlayer7 for that OS?
              • czinzani
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 10, 2006
                  May be to use functions such as battery level, signal strenght,
                  softkeys, etc...

                  --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, "zh." <zh@...> wrote:

                  > > Alongside the Symbian release, the FlashLite 2.1 for Windows Mobile
                  > > has been released as well.
                  >
                  > Why do we need FlashLite 2.1 for Windows Mobile, whet we have full
                  > FlashPlayer7 for that OS?

                • zh
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 10, 2006

                    So do i need that functions to develop flash applications for winMobile? No!

                    Most of winMob devices have stylus and i don't need to use soft buttons or any other buttons at all.

                    Could the ability of using battery level and some network info make sense to install flashlite on winmobile?

                    I think NO.

                    Maybe the flashlite is needed just on s60, s40 and brew devices, where we have no alternative.

                    I don't see any reasons to use flashlite on winmob.

                    May be to use functions such as battery level, signal strenght,

                    softkeys, etc...

                    > > Alongside the Symbian release, the FlashLite 2.1 for Windows Mobile

                    > > has been released as well.

                    > Why do we need FlashLite 2.1 for Windows Mobile, whet we have full

                    > FlashPlayer7 for that OS?

                  • Richard Leggett
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 10, 2006
                      Interesting discussion. I think it was a good move to consolidate the mobile players. On both Windows Mobile and Symbian, the majority of handsets share a lot in common, such as no mouse input (although you specify most do, many do not*), softkeys, and processor speeds (remember that the player and garbage collector is probably optimized to run on less CPU cycles), device native media (3GP, MIDI, MP4 etc) not to mention security settings and possibly DRM.

                      This is a very different profile from the desktop, and although right now you may be thinking it doesn't warrant a mobile specific player, I think in the longer term it allows for a more consistent behaviour across devices, and reduces confusion... if it is a mobile/handheld device, it is Flash Lite, otherwise it is the desktop Flash Player. There is no way we can have the mobile Flash Player keep up with the desktop, as we saw with Pocket PC having Flash 7, whilst we had Flash 8 and then 9 on the desktop, it was just awkward.

                      Rich

                      *Traditionally, with Pocket PC Windows on mobile devices implied a stylus input, but more and more phones are being released (with the death of the PDA), and the form factor for these phones usually means no touch screen:

                      So do i need that functions to develop flash applications for winMobile? No!

                      Most of winMob devices have stylus and i don't need to use soft buttons or any other buttons at all.

                      Could the ability of using battery level and some network info make sense to install flashlite on winmobile?

                      I think NO.

                      Maybe the flashlite is needed just on s60, s40 and brew devices, where we have no alternative.

                      I don't see any reasons to use flashlite on winmob.

                      May be to use functions such as battery level, signal strenght,

                      softkeys, etc...

                      > > Alongside the Symbian release, the

                      FlashLite 2.1 for Windows Mobile

                      > > has been released as well.

                      > Why do we need FlashLite 2.1 for Windows

                      Mobile, whet we have full

                      > FlashPlayer7 for that

                      OS?