E61 Flash Lite Save Error

  • Michael Hagel
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 29, 2006
      Hello All,

      I recently picked up a Nokia E61 for testing on a new application I
      am developing. Anyway when I try and save an SWF to the phone (either
      Internal or Memory Card) I receive the following error.

      Flash Player: Unable to execute file for security reasons

      I can open and run the file(s) fine by accessing them from the Inbox,
      and can manually put them in a folder on the Memory Card and then
      they show up in the Flash Lite Menu, but I am unable to save the file
      via Flash Lite. I have tried this with several files, and receive the
      same error message each time.

      Has anyone else experienced this problem ?

      --
      Michael Hagel

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 29, 2006
          Alessandro,

          I have also tried this on a N91 and it worked fine as well (and has
          worked on all my other devices as well)... not sure why it is not
          working on my E61...

          Anyone else have any idea? Anyone else with an E61 experienced this ?

          Thanks!

          --
          Michael Hagel
          Interface Designer

          email: michael@...
          phone: 678.770.6147
          IM (iChat/AIM): hagel404

          http://www.michaelhagel.com

          On Nov 29, 2006, at 1:03 PM, Alessandro Pace wrote:

          > Ciao Micheal,
          >
          > just tried on my N91 (latest firmware) and it works fine.
          >
          > Alessandro
          >

          > On 11/29/06, Michael Hagel < beta@...> wrote:
          > Hello All,
          >
          > I recently picked up a Nokia E61 for testing on a new application I
          > am developing. Anyway when I try and save an SWF to the phone (either
          > Internal or Memory Card) I receive the following error.
          >
          > Flash Player: Unable to execute file for security reasons
          >
          > I can open and run the file(s) fine by accessing them from the Inbox,
          > and can manually put them in a folder on the Memory Card and then
          > they show up in the Flash Lite Menu, but I am unable to save the file
          > via Flash Lite. I have tried this with several files, and receive the
          > same error message each time.
          >
          > Has anyone else experienced this problem ?
          >
          > --
          > Michael Hagel

        • Dale Rankine
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 29, 2006
            Message
            Hey Michael, I didn't experience anything like that when developing an application earlier this year for the E61 ... worked a treat.

            Are all FL applications you run on the E61 bugging out or just this one?

            Cheers,

            Dale.

            email: michael@michaelhage l.com
            phone: 678.770.6147
            IM (iChat/AIM): hagel404

            http://www.michaelh agel.com

            On Nov 29, 2006, at 1:03 PM, Alessandro Pace wrote:

            > Ciao Micheal,
            >
            > just tried on my N91 (latest firmware) and it works fine.
            >
            > Alessandro
            >

            > On 11/29/06, Michael Hagel < beta@michaelhagel. com> wrote:
            > Hello All,
            >
            > I recently picked up a Nokia E61 for testing on a new application I
            > am developing. Anyway when I try and save an SWF to the phone (either
            > Internal or Memory Card) I receive the following error.
            >
            > Flash Player: Unable to execute file for security reasons
            >
            > I can open and run the file(s) fine by accessing them from the Inbox,
            > and can manually put them in a folder on the Memory Card and then
            > they show up in the Flash Lite Menu, but I am unable to save the file
            > via Flash Lite. I have tried this with several files, and receive the
            > same error message each time.
            >
            > Has anyone else experienced this problem ?
            >
            > --
            > Michael Hagel

          • Michael Hagel
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
              Dale,

              All of them are bugging out, I first thought it was only the
              application that I was working on... then I went and downloaded a
              handful of other apps, and have tried with all of them... each
              resulting in the same error message.

              This is a very strange problem, as I have a friend with an E61 and
              his version works fine... Again this version was pre-installed on the
              phone when I purchased it, so it makes me wonder if it is a problem
              with the original "install". If this is the case, this is very
              troubling because I am concerned with how many other instances of
              this are out there with users of the same device (or other devices
              with the software "built in") -- although this is the first time I
              have run into it on any device.

              Thanks!

              --
              Michael Hagel
              Interface Designer

              email: michael@...
              phone: 678.770.6147
              IM (iChat/AIM): hagel404

              http://www.michaelhagel.com

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
                Ciao Micheal,

                sounds like a bad FL implementation.
                Can you post some pictures of the sequence that you are doing to get that error so that we can have a clear picture?
                Not sure if there is already a firmware update for the E61 but it might fix the issue.

                Alessandro

              • Nick Gerig
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
                  Hi Michael

                  Did you buy the phone new? If you didn't there is always the chance some
                  other software is/was installed that is somehow associated with swf
                  file extension.

                  you could check for a software update which would solve your problem.

                  If other users have the same problem there is little that you can do
                  except provide an installer instead of a swf.

                  Cheers

                  Nick

                  Michael Hagel wrote:

                  > Dale,
                  >
                  > All of them are bugging out, I first thought it was only the
                  > application that I was working on... then I went and downloaded a
                  > handful of other apps, and have tried with all of them... each
                  > resulting in the same error message.
                  >
                  > This is a very strange problem, as I have a friend with an E61 and
                  > his version works fine... Again this version was pre-installed on the
                  > phone when I purchased it, so it makes me wonder if it is a problem
                  > with the original "install". If this is the case, this is very
                  > troubling because I am concerned with how many other instances of
                  > this are out there with users of the same device (or other devices
                  > with the software "built in") -- although this is the first time I
                  > have run into it on any device.
                  >
                  > Thanks!
                  >
                  > --
                  > Michael Hagel
                  > Interface Designer
                  >
                  > email: michael@... <mailto:michael%40michaelhagel.com>
                  > phone: 678.770.6147
                  > IM (iChat/AIM): hagel404
                  >
                  > http://www.michaelhagel.com <http://www.michaelhagel.com>
                  >
                  > On Nov 29, 2006, at 7:51 PM, Dale Rankine wrote:
                  >
                  > > Hey Michael, I didn't experience anything like that when developing
                  > > an application earlier this year for the E61 ... worked a treat.
                  > >
                  > > Are all FL applications you run on the E61 bugging out or just this
                  > > one?
                  > >
                  > > Cheers,
                  > >
                  > > Dale.

                • Michael Hagel
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
                    Nick,

                    The phone was purchased new... I am going to try to update the
                    firmware this evening to see if that fixes the problem.

                    I will post the results once this is complete.

                    Thanks for all the input guys!

                    --
                    Michael Hagel

                  • Michael Hagel
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 30, 2006
                      Good news ... I just installed the latest firmware and am now able to
                      save files correctly!!

                      If anyone ever experiences this problem in the future, please make
                      sure you have the latest firmware installed, if not give it a try...
                      hopefully this will work for you as it worked for me!

                      Thanks again to everyone who took a stab at a solution, and offered
                      help.

                      --
                      Michael Hagel