Re: Samsung YP-T9

  • Hayden Porter
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2006
      Hi Darren,

      thanks for sending this. I was wondering about other DAP
      manufacturers. Maybe we will see something from LG too, as their PR
      about licensing Flash Lite mentioned use in MP3 player devices.

      Did you run across this from an unrelated search.

      Hayden

      > Not sure if anybody's mentioned this, but there's another Flash-Lite
      > enabled device out there, the Samsung YP-T9 MP3 player. It comes in 2GB
      > and a 4GB versions. Looks like it has the same screen dimensions as many
      > S60 phones (176 x 208), although I haven't found anything to indicate if
      > it runs 1.1 or 2.0. More info here:
      >
      > http://www.samsung.com/Products/MP3Player/MP3Player/YP_T9JQBXAA.asp

    • Darren Osadchuk
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2006
        Hi Hayden,

        I first saw mention of this particular device on Akihabara News
        (http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/) in September
        (http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/en/news-12440-Yepp%21%21+The+new+Samsung+T9+DAP+is+here%21.html).
        Since the posting only mentioned that the UI is Flash-based, and at the
        time I couldn't find any information to confirm that the device would
        run other FL content, I didn't post anything about it.

        After that I saw mention of it on cnet.com
        (http://news.com.com/2300-1041_3-6132159-4.html?tag=ne.gall.pg), and it
        confirmed the ability to run FL content.

        Darren