Samsung YP-T9

  • Darren Osadchuk
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2006
      Not sure if anybody's mentioned this, but there's another Flash-Lite
      enabled device out there, the Samsung YP-T9 MP3 player. It comes in 2GB
      and a 4GB versions. Looks like it has the same screen dimensions as many
      S60 phones (176 x 208), although I haven't found anything to indicate if
      it runs 1.1 or 2.0. More info here:

      http://www.samsung.com/Products/MP3Player/MP3Player/YP_T9JQBXAA.asp
    • Hayden Porter
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2006
        Hi Darren,

        thanks for sending this. I was wondering about other DAP
        manufacturers. Maybe we will see something from LG too, as their PR
        about licensing Flash Lite mentioned use in MP3 player devices.

        Did you run across this from an unrelated search.

        Hayden

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2006
          Hi Hayden,

          I first saw mention of this particular device on Akihabara News
          (http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/) in September
          (http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/en/news-12440-Yepp%21%21+The+new+Samsung+T9+DAP+is+here%21.html).
          Since the posting only mentioned that the UI is Flash-based, and at the
          time I couldn't find any information to confirm that the device would
          run other FL content, I didn't post anything about it.

          After that I saw mention of it on cnet.com
          (http://news.com.com/2300-1041_3-6132159-4.html?tag=ne.gall.pg), and it
          confirmed the ability to run FL content.

          Darren