RE: [FlashLite] Is it Flash Lite 1.1 Limited?

  • Um
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 5, 2006
      If you will have problem with download on previous
      link, this one is better, download from this one:

      --- Um <um_forum@...> wrote:

      > No, I didn't try to break them, because I don't know
      > how to call them to run.
      > I would like to do it, maybe it is faster, but this
      > way is much faster.
      > Also, I don't know how to insert them into phone and
      > than use all of them...
      >
      > Now, I transfer to N6600 over Bluetooth, and run it.
      > simple.
      >
      > Here you can downlaod what I have made before bad
      > image data.
      > It is only start:
      >
      > http://www.um-design.com/ITG3.swf/
      >
      > You can see what I made and what I have in mind.
      >
      > Also, I wil ltry to change or resize again some of
      > the
      > photos...
      >
      > --- Dave Yang <flashliteyahoo@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > Error # 6 is "Bad JPEG data" or "Bad image data".
      > >
      > > Basically it means: "The SWF file contains an
      > image
      > > that either Flash Lite,
      > > or the platform's native image decoder, was unable
      > > to decode."
      > >
      > > Looks like either the image is corrupted or you're
      > > running out of memory.
      > >
      > > Things to check:
      > >
      > > Are these JPEG images full size and then resized
      > on
      > > the phone? That's what I
      > > understand from your post, or are they resized for
      > > the phone (that's what
      > > you should be doing).
      > >
      > > Have you tried breaking up the map into manageable
      > > chunks into separate
      > > external files, so you don't have to load them all
      > > at once?
      > >
      > > Dave Yang - Quantumwave Interactive Inc.
      > > http://quantumwave.com
      > > http://swfoo.com
      > >

      > > ________________________________

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • wubzorz
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 6, 2006
        I have a problem with both links :)

        You should resize you jpg's on your computer to the size you need on
        you phone. Don't do any scaling on you phone if you don't need to.
        Breaking the jpg down into smaller versions which you stick together
        again should also help

        Cheerss,
        Rick

        --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, Um <um_forum@...> wrote:

        > If you will have problem with download on previous
        > link, this one is better, download from this one:
        >
        > > http://www.um-design.com/ITG3.zip/
        >
        > --- Um <um_forum@...> wrote:
        >
        > > No, I didn't try to break them, because I don't know
        > > how to call them to run.
        > > I would like to do it, maybe it is faster, but this
        > > way is much faster.
        > > Also, I don't know how to insert them into phone and
        > > than use all of them...
        > >
        > > Now, I transfer to N6600 over Bluetooth, and run it.
        > > simple.
        > >
        > > Here you can downlaod what I have made before bad
        > > image data.
        > > It is only start:
        > >
        > > http://www.um-design.com/ITG3.swf/
        > >
        > > You can see what I made and what I have in mind.
        > >
        > > Also, I wil ltry to change or resize again some of
        > > the
        > > photos...
        > >
        > > --- Dave Yang <flashliteyahoo@...>
        > > wrote:
        > >
        > > > Error # 6 is "Bad JPEG data" or "Bad image data".
        > > >
        > > > Basically it means: "The SWF file contains an
        > > image
        > > > that either Flash Lite,
        > > > or the platform's native image decoder, was unable
        > > > to decode."
        > > >
        > > > Looks like either the image is corrupted or you're
        > > > running out of memory.
        > > >
        > > > Things to check:
        > > >
        > > > Are these JPEG images full size and then resized
        > > on
        > > > the phone? That's what I
        > > > understand from your post, or are they resized for
        > > > the phone (that's what
        > > > you should be doing).
        > > >
        > > > Have you tried breaking up the map into manageable
        > > > chunks into separate
        > > > external files, so you don't have to load them all
        > > > at once?
        > > >
        > > > Dave Yang - Quantumwave Interactive Inc.
        > > > http://quantumwave.com
        > > > http://swfoo.com
        > > >

        > > > ________________________________

      • Um
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 6, 2006
          I have attach file here.

          This file is smaller, but I would like just to show
          you what I think.

          I have resized my .jpg files on 176x190pix, and I have
          resize them in Paint Shop Pro 9.
          Also, you will see in MAPS - ISTRA MAP - that when you
          choose 1,2 or 3 how from the small maps, grove
          (resize) to bigger map, that you can see cities.

          That resize I have made like this:

          Picture with size 176x190 in first frame I have
          resized with Free Transform Tool in Flash to smaller
          size.
          Then in next frame I have resize it to a few pixels
          more, next frame few pixels more and then in a 6
          frame, the picture comes to its real size 176x190.

          Are you saying that this resizeing inside flash take
          more memory and that I should avoid this?

          Is it better to transform picture for every frame in
          Paint Shop and then import them to Flash, and made
          animation from 6 resized pictures in Paint shop?

          Thanks...

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Dave Yang

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 6, 2006
              No, this is good idea, but... I don't know how to do
              it in FL 1.1...

              Is someone here ready to help me and give me some
              tutorial or send (write here) the codes hot to do it?

              If I tried with tweening, this wil take less memory of
              the phone and less memory of the final product, right?

              Do you think this is better to do? Tweening?

              --- Dave Yang <flashliteyahoo@...> wrote:

              > Have you tried tweening the map sectors instead of
              > having multiple sizes of
              > the same sector?
              >
              > Dave Yang - Quantumwave Interactive Inc.
              > http://quantumwave.com
              > http://swfoo.com
              >

              > ________________________________

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Scott Janousek
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 6, 2006

                Greetings all,

                This is a little experiment.

                Flash Lite Community Worldmap:

                http://www.frappr.com/?a=showmap2&mapid=2701599

                It is purely for fun, and has no "hidden agenda". Basically, I thought it might be interesting

                to have a global representation of Flash Lite Developers around the world.

                I know the map may get abused in some fashion. If this happens, I'm going to reserve the right to

                kill the project, so please be "nice" so all can benefit.

                Thanks.

                -sj

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 6, 2006
                  Ciao Scott,

                  really cool !
                  Location Based Flash Lite !!
                  Alessandro

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 6, 2006
                    It should definitely cut down on file size. As long as you keep the tweens
                    short and simple, it should work out better than keeping multiple sizes of
                    the same image.

                    For FL 1.1, the easiest way is to tween your maps on the timeline. Check out
                    Flash Help on tweening.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 9, 2006
                      Great idea,
                      there's not many of us around

                      --
                      David WIlliams
                      http://www.chatebot.blogspot.com

                      Website Creator
                      Create a Website Quickly & Easily
                      Hosted for As Little as £1.99/Month
                      http://1and1.co.uk/xml/init/?k_id=6713600
                    • wubzorz
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 9, 2006
                        Great idea,

                        been a while since I last went to that page. I added myself. Not many
                        developers in the Netherlands

                        Cheers,
                        Rick