Re: [FlashLite] Re: Loading dynamic images

  • leocrawf stewart
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 6, 2006
      Thanks Alessandro, it appears however that this is more a php issue than is it flash. He send variables to php script using loadVariables . The script then some how push images to the a temporary holder mc. He then uses loadMovie to load from temporary holder mc. Do you know a way to get php to push(dont know if this is the correct tirm) a swf.

      On 9/5/06, Alessandro <biskero@...> wrote:

      Ciao

      he is not returning images with the loadVariables call but just text
      data. So what he is refering to is text data. then he will load the
      images using loadMovie.

      Alessandro

      http://justin.everett-church.com/mobile/Max05/Flickr/getPictVars.php?tags=Flash
      > loadVariables(baseURL add "getPictVars.php?tags=" add tags, "dataMC");
      >
      > /* the response will look like this:

      pictCount=100&id0=44995307&secret0=cdfd19006c&server0=29&title0=Paw+Paw%27s+Flower&id1=44955019&secret1=76d60051da&server1=25&title1=Ishmael&id2=44941504&secret2=fbe95af08b&server2=26&title2=Cheese%21&id3=44916675&secret3=a2f1efe09e&server3=33&title3=He%27s+mighty+flashy&EOF=1
      > */
      >
      > then it loops to check if data is loaded but what is interesting is
      that he
      > commented that ALL DATA IS PASSES AS STRING:
      >
      > //check the data to see if the text content has loaded.
      > //all varaibles come in as strings. remember to use the string
      operators!
      > if (dataMC.EOF eq "1") {
      > //to avoid problems if you go back an enter more tags later, the
      end of
      > file flag should be reset.
      > dataMC.EOF = 0;
      > //reset the slideshow values
      > currentImg = 0;
      > currentSlot = 0;
      > totalImg = Number(dataMC.pictCount);
      > //handle the case when there are no images
      > if (totalImg == 0) {
      > gotoAndStop("error");
      > } else {
      > gotoAndPlay("initSlideShow");
      > }
      > }
      >
      > is it possible to pass an images as a string or am i reading the
      code wrong.

      > On 9/4/06, leocrawf stewart <leocrawf@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Whats up list. I am trying to get dynamic images to load
      depending on a
      > > variable entered by a user from a input text field. The possible
      solution i
      > > have thought about using fl1.1 is to use the app that was posted
      here by
      > > Alen i think it is called jpgtoswf. This app works great when you
      want to
      > > load a image that you specifically call using loadMovieNum. What i
      want to
      > > do is load an image depending on a variable entered by a user.
      Anyone ever

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 6, 2006
        Ciao

        yes, just echo out the swf file and before the echo put the header infos for swf

        header('Content-type: application/x-shockwave-flash');
        echo $swf;

        Alessnadro

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 7, 2006
          Thanks Alexandro could you give me an example i am pritty new. Do you you mean the path to the swf file.

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 7, 2006
            Ciao

            yeap, you got it!
            Alessandro

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 7, 2006
              Thanks Alexandro will give it a try

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 7, 2006
                Would'nt i then have to use loadMovie to actually load the image: example: loadMovie("$swf", "mc_image", "GET"); something like that.

                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 7, 2006
                  Ciao

                  yes, that how you load swf.
                  You can also do loadMovie to a php script with echo out the swf like show you before.
                  the loadMovie works as long as what is coming back is an SWF in FL1.1.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 7, 2006
                    thanks a million for your help.