Re: [FlashLite] Re: Rec good phone for FL2 in US?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2006
      Ciao

      just a comment on FL phones.

      The 6680 is been discontinued and replaced by the N70.
      Also remember that you will use these phones for dev only since your target phones
      for FL 2 are not out yet, maybe next year.

      So if you are looking to test FL1.1, get a S60 or S40 3rd edtion. These are phones that have FL1.1 embedded.

      Alessandro

      On 6/30/06, Ryan <imational@...> wrote:

      Hi Mario,

      I recently recieved a new n70 for development and can't recommend it
      for one reason - the poorly designed (in my opinion) flat rocker
      joystick. If you're developing a game or application which requires
      quick and accurate control of the joystick I would advise getting a
      Nokia 6680 instead - it's a very similar phone as the N70 is basically
      a newer revision. As it's older you'll also save a bit of cash as a
      nice bonus!

      I will be downgrading my N70 to the 6680 next week.

      However as an european developer I am not sure of the availability of
      the 6680 in the US.

      Just throwing my two cents out there :)

      -Ryan.

      --- In FlashLite@yahoogroups.com, Robin Gavin <robin.gavin@...> wrote:

      > All I can do is agree. It's the perfect phone for developing Flash
      Lite in general.

      > /Robin
      >
      > Alessandro Pace wrote:
      > > Caio
      > >
      > > the Nokai N70 can run FL1.1 and 2 and it's a great phone.
      > > It just won an award and it's the best selling phone.
      > >
      > > Alessandro
      > >
      > > On 6/30/06, * argusnoble2000* <argusnoble2000@...
      > > <mailto:argusnoble2000@...>> wrote:
      > >
      > > Can anyone recommend a good phone that can be bought in the US
      that
      > > runs Flashlite 2 (or is capable of running after install)?
      Does this