Re: [FlashLite] How run SWF from APP-file

  • Alen Alebic
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31 10:51 PM
      Hi Jens,

      I did it the easy way - bought swf2sis that makes the sis for you: http://www.blueskynorth.com/swf2sis :)

      I also tried doing it the way you did...but my background in python and c++ isn't that strong...it would be great if you could describe a little bit more how you did it, maybe I could help..

      Regards,
      Alen
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
        Hi
        just figured out that python has to be installed on the mobile, so that the app-file is working - so, thats not the right way :( - nobody want to install python just to be able to run another application...
        Frustrating, and I thought I was so close to solve it - it was quite timeconsuming as well - Now, I assume the only way is using C++ or SWF2SIS
        C++ in combination with ActivePerl- ohh ohh - don't know how much time this would effect to figure out how to do it withit. So I might have to purchase SWF2SIS as well- I tried to avoid SWF2SIS because it works only with the SDK 2nd edition - hope they developing SWF2SIS further...
        Ciao JEns

        > Hi Jens, I did it the easy way - bought swf2sis that makes the sis for
        > you: http://www.blueskynorth.com/swf2sis :) I also tried doing it the way
        > you did...but my background in python and c++ isn't that strong...it would
        > be great if you could describe a little bit more how you did it, maybe I
        > could help.. Regards,Alen
        > > ----- Original Message ----- From: wommwomm77 To:
        > > FlashLite@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 12:19 AM
        > > Subject: [FlashLite] How run SWF from APP-file
        > > Hi, I've got just one question - I'm really stucked:
        > > My complete application is installed on the phone but doesn't run!
        > > I've tried to use Phyton what created the app & rsc files, I packed
        > > that all together (pkg) including the aif mbm & sws to a sis-installer
        > > with the help of makesis -
        > > After installing on the phone the icon is in place but it doesn't run
        > > the swf-file - also the app-file doesn't work - There somewhere must
        > > be the problem - To create the app & rsc-files I've used following
        > > python-script:
        > >
        > > path = "c:\symbian\apps\file.swf
        > > import appuifw
        > > appuifw.Content_handler().open(path)
        > >
        > > I'm not sure if that is the right way of doing it...
        > > Is there another/better way to create the app/rsc-file? How can I
        > > manage to launch a swf-file from the icon in the main menu - I know
        > > there must be a solution because Alen solved it with theTUBE - love
        > > that one!
        > > Thanks for your help.
        > > Jens
        > >
        > > __________ NOD32 1.1571 (20060601) Information __________

        > > http://www.nod32.com

        > Programming languages Computer
        > security C programming language
        >

        > Computer programming languages
        > Computer training Macromedia flash
        >

        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        > - Visit your group "FlashLite" on the web.

        > - Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      • stor_fisk
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
          You don´t need python to be installed necessaryly. You can make a standalone app without need for python interpreter (I think)

          maybe it´s still a little complicated. Hope it helps

          regards

          Pablo

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
            Hey this looks promising..thanks Pablo!
> [...]

            > > that one!
            > > Thanks for your   help.
            > > Jens
            > >
            > > __________ NOD32 1.1571   (20060601) Information __________
            > >
            > > This message was checked by NOD32   antivirus system.
            > > http://www.nod32.com

            >         Programming languages                                     Computer
            > security                                     C programming language

            >         Computer programming languages
            > Computer training                                     Macromedia flash

            >   YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
            >
            > -  Visit your group "FlashLite" on the web.

            >   -  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

            >   -  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

            Programming languagesComputer securityC programming language
            Computer programming languagesComputer trainingMacromedia flash

          • chall3ng3r
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006

              Thanks for sharing,

              But you’ve to bundle Py60 runtime (~500k) in your sis packages. (see at the end of tutorial)

              Best,

              // chall3ng3r //

              You don´t need python to be installed necessaryly. You can make a standalone app without need for python interpreter (I think)

              maybe it´s still a little complicated. Hope it helps

              regards

              Pablo

              El 01/06/2006, a las 14:44, Jens Wommer escribió:

              Hi
              just figured out that python has to be installed on the mobile, so that the app-file is working - so, thats not the right way :( - nobody want to install python just to be able to run another application...
              Frustrating, and I thought I was so close to solve it - it was quite timeconsuming as well - Now, I assume the only way is using C++ or SWF2SIS
              C++ in combination with ActivePerl- ohh ohh - don't know how much time this would effect to figure out how to do it withit. So I might have to purchase SWF2SIS as well- I tried to avoid SWF2SIS because it works only with the SDK 2nd edition - hope they developing SWF2SIS further...
              Ciao JEns

              > Hi Jens, I did it the easy way - bought swf2sis that makes the sis for
              > you: http://www.blueskynorth.com/swf2sis
              :) I also tried doing it the way
              > you did...but my background in python and c++ isn't that strong...it would
              > be great if you could describe a little bit more how you did it, maybe I
              > could help.. Regards,Alen

              LINKS

              >         Programming
              languages                                     Computer

              security                                     C programming language

              >         Computer programming
              languages
              > Computer
              training                                     Macromedia flash

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
                Ciao

                correct, Python is not the way to go.
                With the symbian 3rd edition there are more security restrictions.
                I am looking at the Carbide compiler which seams the way to go.

                Alessandro

              • Jens Wommer
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
                  Here a résumé to Python on S60:
                  Yes - that works - the instalation takes quite a while now(a minute or so 4 the python-sis-installer)... here a correction to my py-script: I had a little mistake with the path-root - had to change the path to open"c:\\documents\\flash\\file.swf") :)

                  But there are these new issues:

                  Basically python get's installed as well with an icon - what I tried to avoid - so just the ability to have an executable icon blows up the sis-file 500KB - that's a pity...

                  I was wondering if there is a minimal instalation of python, what just installs the required functions without the icon on the menu. But it seems to make trouble with the 3rd edition... Do you have anymore information to that?

                  Will have a look at Alessandro's suggestion the Carbide compiler in the next couble of days - has anyone experience in that?
                  Cheers for your help so far!

                  Jens
                  (I hope I don't dream of python! - I never waisted so much time in my whole life!)