Re: [FlashLite] emulator memory

  • leocrawf stewart
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2006
      search the list something was said of adjusting some kind of xml file in flash directory.

      On 3/3/06, Dan Earl Macaraeg < danearl2001@...> wrote:
      hi!

      is there anyway that i cud adjust the availalble memory usage of the device emulator? because my program is perfectly running to the actual device but not on the emulator. wishin' there was a chance.

      earl

      Yahoo! Mail

      Programming languages Computer security C programming language
      Computer programming languages Computer training Macromedia flash

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      --
      "...men are that they might have joy."
      Nephi
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 3, 2006

        Heap adjustment:

        http://www.biskero.org/?p=307

        search the list something was said of adjusting some kind of xml file in flash directory.

        On 3/3/06, Dan Earl Macaraeg < danearl2001@...> wrote:

        hi!

      • JesterXL
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 3, 2006
          Yeah, you can twaek the config XML file for your phone.  My Nokia 6680 is set at 1024 (1 meg) and for some reason is a jerk about memory, so I pumped it up to 2 megs and she works great both in emulator and in phone now.

          If you go in like:

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 3, 2006
            *ahem*

            If you go in like:

            C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Mobile\Devices

            You'll see the config files.

            is there anyway that i cud adjust the availalble memory usage of the device emulator? because my program is perfectly running to the actual device but not on the emulator. wishin' there was a chance.

            earl

            Yahoo! Mail

          • Dan Earl Macaraeg

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 8, 2006
                The "heap" attribute.  So, for example my Nokia 6680, it defaults to 1 meg.  That's bs because the emulator is too strict with 1 meg, so I changed to 2 megs:

                <device id="147" width="176" height="208" heap="2048">

                is there anyway that i cud adjust the availalble memory usage of the device emulator? because my program is perfectly running to the actual device but not on the emulator. wishin' there was a chance.

                earl

                !
                Yahoo! Mail

                Yahoo! Mail