Re: [FlashLite] Open Source Flash Lite project

  • Jason@FlashVacuum.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
      I think that's a great idea, Alessandro...
      That'll help lots of people to have easier migration if they have Flash knowledge and that'll be good information depot for the people who needs guide...

      Thanks...  :)

      CyanBlue
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
        count = count + 1 ;  ... its me as well

        Vaibhav

        Alessandro <biskero@...> wrote:
[...]

        Yahoo! Personals

      • Suketu Vyas
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005

          Hey

          This is a gr8 idea.

          I will be interested to contribute more ideas.

          Thanks,

          Suketu Vyas

          http://www.hotketu.com

          On 12/2/05, Jason@... <Jason@...> wrote:
[...]

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • Tim Walling

[...]

            Macromedia flash training Macromedia flash Macromedia flash mx
            Macromedia flash tutorials Macromedia flash mx 2004 Learn macromedia flash

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            --

            ---
            Tim
            Message 5 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
              \

              good idea.

              --- Alessandro <biskero@...> wrote:

              > Ciao everyone,
              >
              > I am lunching the idea and see what people think.
              >
              > Sharing information and examples on:
              > - Code for scrollbar, panels or anythingelse
              > - Packaging and distribution of Flash Lite
              > content to different
              > mobile phones.
              > - Documentations, resources and so on.
              >
              > So I was thinking if we could create as a community
              > an Open Source
              > Flash Lite Library which would include sample code,
              > sample docs,
              > resources and so on. Everyone could have access to
              > it to use it and
              > improve it.
              >
              > One of the main reason is that Flash Lite runs on
              > mobile and
              > performance/look it's fundamental. Sharing such
              > items will probably
              > drive more attention to the Flash Lite technology
              > and adoption would
              > increase really fast.
              >
              > I know there are a lot of code examples around an d
              > we could collect
              > them (with permission from the owner) and create a
              > Open Source Flash
              > Lite Project. A SourceForge type of project !
              >
              > Alessandro

              if (name == "JO" || name == "JOPHI" || name == "JOPHI JOSE") {
              Des = "Graphic Designer";
              Doing = "Design, Animation, Programing";
              Email = "jophijose@...";
              Ph_no = "09322121362";
              }

              Enjoy this Diwali with Y! India Click here http://in.promos.yahoo.com/fabmall/index.html
            • Arul
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
                //Open Source Flash Lite Lib
                #include "Arul.as"
                // :)

              • Richard Leggett
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 2, 2005

                  For this to really work we will probably have to wait till Flash Lite 2 otherwise it's not really open source but shared FLAs. But that really isn't too long to wait if you've been watching all the Flash Lite related presentations. I know a project that will be available straight away for the effort so count me in.

                  Rich

                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 2, 2005
                    I totally agree what Richard said but the problem is that lots of developers will still be using FL1.1 to develop their app one year after now because the market is not going to be converting from FL1.1 to FL2 in a matter of month...
                    So, we do need to have multiple stuff going on at the same time, I think...

                    That's my 2 cents...

                    Jason
                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 2, 2005
                      Ciao,

                      I think FL1.1 and FL2 will coexist for sometime. Also FL1.1 is not mainstream yet, it still have to gain visibility
                      in the main public. just take a look at J2ME, different phones implement different versions.
                      In the FL world there will be phones with FL1.1 and other with FL2.
                      The library could be a set of FLA containing recurrent objects such as:
                        - scroll panels
                        - scroll bars
                        - math functions
                        - loops
                        - and so on....
                      When FL 2 comes out we could add
                       - a video library
                       - a audio library
                       - and so on...

                      Alessandro

                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 2, 2005
                        Hi Allesandro,
                        count me too..
                        its a good idea ...

                        cheers
                        vivek

                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 2, 2005

                          Hello,

                          Very nice idea, count me in.

                          Flashlite things are scattered now, we need to combine them to a nice place.

                          Because FL is different from Flash for PCs, so there should be separate place for it.

                          The main idea is to create a new FL webspace featuring:

                          -          forums

                          -          opensource libs

                          -          qiuckstart guides

                          -          etc.

[...]