Re: [FlashLite] Open Source Flash Lite project

  • ashish gupta
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hi Alessandro,

      Though I am a new bee in Flash Lite, still I am interested to join and deliver my experiences till now and further, to this open source community.
      and I am really very excited to see such a response.
      Count me also.

      Regards,
      Ashish

      Alessandro <biskero@...> wrote:
      Ciao everyone,

      I am lunching the idea and see what people think.

      Sharing information and examples on:
         - Code for scrollbar, panels or anythingelse
         - Packaging and distribution of Flash Lite content to different
           mobile phones.
         - Documentations, resources and so on.

      So I was thinking if we could create as a community an Open Source
      Flash Lite Library which would include sample code, sample docs,
      resources and so on. Everyone could have access to it to use it and
      improve it.

      One of the main reason is that Flash Lite runs on mobile and
      performance/look it's fundamental. Sharing such items will probably
      drive more attention to the Flash Lite technology and adoption would
      increase really fast.

      I know there are a lot of code examples around an d we could collect
      them (with permission from the owner) and create a Open Source Flash
      Lite Project. A SourceForge type of project !

    • Jason@FlashVacuum.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
        I think that's a great idea, Alessandro...
        That'll help lots of people to have easier migration if they have Flash knowledge and that'll be good information depot for the people who needs guide...

        Thanks...  :)

        CyanBlue
[...]

        Alessandro
      • vaibhav kumar
        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
          count = count + 1 ;  ... its me as well

          Vaibhav

          Alessandro <biskero@...> wrote:
[...]

          Yahoo! Personals

        • Suketu Vyas
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005

            Hey

            This is a gr8 idea.

            I will be interested to contribute more ideas.

            Thanks,

            Suketu Vyas

            http://www.hotketu.com

            On 12/2/05, Jason@... <Jason@...> wrote:
[...]

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          • Tim Walling

[...]

              Macromedia flash training Macromedia flash Macromedia flash mx
              Macromedia flash tutorials Macromedia flash mx 2004 Learn macromedia flash

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              --

              ---
              Tim
              Message 6 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
                \

                good idea.

                --- Alessandro <biskero@...> wrote:

                > Ciao everyone,
                >
                > I am lunching the idea and see what people think.
                >
                > Sharing information and examples on:
                > - Code for scrollbar, panels or anythingelse
                > - Packaging and distribution of Flash Lite
                > content to different
                > mobile phones.
                > - Documentations, resources and so on.
                >
                > So I was thinking if we could create as a community
                > an Open Source
                > Flash Lite Library which would include sample code,
                > sample docs,
                > resources and so on. Everyone could have access to
                > it to use it and
                > improve it.
                >
                > One of the main reason is that Flash Lite runs on
                > mobile and
                > performance/look it's fundamental. Sharing such
                > items will probably
                > drive more attention to the Flash Lite technology
                > and adoption would
                > increase really fast.
                >
                > I know there are a lot of code examples around an d
                > we could collect
                > them (with permission from the owner) and create a
                > Open Source Flash
                > Lite Project. A SourceForge type of project !
                >
                > Alessandro

                if (name == "JO" || name == "JOPHI" || name == "JOPHI JOSE") {
                Des = "Graphic Designer";
                Doing = "Design, Animation, Programing";
                Email = "jophijose@...";
                Ph_no = "09322121362";
                }

                Enjoy this Diwali with Y! India Click here http://in.promos.yahoo.com/fabmall/index.html
              • Arul
                Message 7 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
                  //Open Source Flash Lite Lib
                  #include "Arul.as"
                  // :)

                • Richard Leggett
                  Message 8 of 21 , Dec 2, 2005

                    For this to really work we will probably have to wait till Flash Lite 2 otherwise it's not really open source but shared FLAs. But that really isn't too long to wait if you've been watching all the Flash Lite related presentations. I know a project that will be available straight away for the effort so count me in.

                    Rich

                    Message 9 of 21 , Dec 2, 2005
                      I totally agree what Richard said but the problem is that lots of developers will still be using FL1.1 to develop their app one year after now because the market is not going to be converting from FL1.1 to FL2 in a matter of month...
                      So, we do need to have multiple stuff going on at the same time, I think...

                      That's my 2 cents...

                      Jason
                      Message 10 of 21 , Dec 2, 2005
                        Ciao,

                        I think FL1.1 and FL2 will coexist for sometime. Also FL1.1 is not mainstream yet, it still have to gain visibility
                        in the main public. just take a look at J2ME, different phones implement different versions.
                        In the FL world there will be phones with FL1.1 and other with FL2.
                        The library could be a set of FLA containing recurrent objects such as:
                          - scroll panels
                          - scroll bars
                          - math functions
                          - loops
                          - and so on....
                        When FL 2 comes out we could add
                         - a video library
                         - a audio library
                         - and so on...

                        Alessandro

                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 2, 2005
                          Hi Allesandro,
                          count me too..
                          its a good idea ...

                          cheers
                          vivek

                          Message 12 of 21 , Dec 2, 2005

                            Hello,

                            Very nice idea, count me in.

                            Flashlite things are scattered now, we need to combine them to a nice place.

                            Because FL is different from Flash for PCs, so there should be separate place for it.

                            The main idea is to create a new FL webspace featuring:

                            -          forums

                            -          opensource libs

                            -          qiuckstart guides

                            -          etc.

[...]